Thread: Barrel catch.

Barrel catch.

Just came across a Webley barrel catch. (Stirrop) type which has a left hand thumb opener lever, all mine have right hand thumb opener.Were these a special order from factory or are they more common than what i think.

All mine have the thumb piece on the left or am I being an idiot here and missed something ?
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

All mine are on the left,too for easy operation when being shot right handed.

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    All mine are on the left,too for easy operation when being shot right handed.

A Senior with the stirrup catch fitted to the right hand side would indeed be unique in my experience unless engineered by some talented owner.

Pictures please.

They should be on the left side of the pistol which is correct for right handed shooters (The majority are right handers as everyone knows!!)

If it's on the right side of the pistol then I reckon it's a home made jobbie for a southpaw

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

B/ catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    A Senior with the stirrup catch fitted to the right hand side would indeed be unique in my experience unless engineered by some talented owner.

Pictures please.
    hAVE P.M. you.

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post

Pictures please.
    Here is a picture of Roly's Webley right hand stirrup barrel catch and a readily available conventional spare (bottom). He has since advised that removal of a small area of finish from his catch has revealed that it is actually made from brass.

A nicely made if non-factory replacement to accommodate a left handed shooter.

Regards
    Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 15-01-2018 at 09:20 PM.