I.J---"How much?" You see it is an illness that creeps up on you. I am not a collector, but I seem to have a lot of Webley pistols, despite the fact one of the better condition ones seems to go to a family member in a lined box every Christmas and I end up getting a rougher one to replace it. So far a Hurricane, Tempest, Typhoon, Senior (yes a bloody Senior!) and Premier have all been put into green baize lined wooden boxes (not for burial) and given as presents. I somehow seem to have acquired 6 or so Juniors although 2 of these were sort of by accident/ default. I bought a really abused Mk2 Premier off here to stop it being broken, also a Pre War Mk1 that was on it's last legs. Garvin sent me a lump of a Pre War Mk1 last year and it is now working, although fitted with a Post War barrel and I am debating whether to strip off the matt black paint and give it a bit of a wash over with Plum Brown or leave it as it is? I have found that some of the most abused guns seem to shoot the best---------almost as though they appreciate a bit of Tlc after all the abuse.
Maybe one day, a rough Typhoon frame or pistol will turn up and it will be converted into a Typest. Maybe I might get a cheap, rough Straight gripped Senior? Who knows? Do I need another Webley pistol? No. Would I buy, accept a freebie, take in an abused one etc? Yes.
It is a bit of a problem. Some people even like them so much (I.J) that they make them a cup of tea