Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Webley Disease....Highly contagious

Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
    who know's, although I'd normally happily buy a used gun from I.J just to be certain I now know what not to buy from him, I'm not sure the "one careful owner" & "always carefully looked after" tag line's apply to Webley's ,lol
    'FOR SALE: Classic British design. Age related patina. Needs slight attention.One of the best Ive seen.Hardly used in the past few years.'

I DO admit to presently owing a Webley pistol.

Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    'FOR SALE: Classic British design. Age related patina. Needs slight attention.One of the best Ive seen.Hardly used in the past few years.'

bit of cold blue will bring that up nicely
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Seniors, in particular, make great paperweights, not just doorstops.

They are all, to varying degrees, also quite good as things to shoot with at stuff.

Just not quite as good as post-war Diana 5s.

Except Juniors. What is the point of them?

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    I.J---"How much?" You see it is an illness that creeps up on you. I am not a collector, but I seem to have a lot of Webley pistols, despite the fact one of the better condition ones seems to go to a family member in a lined box every Christmas and I end up getting a rougher one to replace it. So far a Hurricane, Tempest, Typhoon, Senior (yes a bloody Senior!) and Premier have all been put into green baize lined wooden boxes (not for burial) and given as presents. I somehow seem to have acquired 6 or so Juniors although 2 of these were sort of by accident/ default. I bought a really abused Mk2 Premier off here to stop it being broken, also a Pre War Mk1 that was on it's last legs. Garvin sent me a lump of a Pre War Mk1 last year and it is now working, although fitted with a Post War barrel and I am debating whether to strip off the matt black paint and give it a bit of a wash over with Plum Brown or leave it as it is? I have found that some of the most abused guns seem to shoot the best---------almost as though they appreciate a bit of Tlc after all the abuse.
    Maybe one day, a rough Typhoon frame or pistol will turn up and it will be converted into a Typest. Maybe I might get a cheap, rough Straight gripped Senior? Who knows? Do I need another Webley pistol? No. Would I buy, accept a freebie, take in an abused one etc? Yes.
    It is a bit of a problem. Some people even like them so much (I.J) that they make them a cup of tea
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post

They are all, to varying degrees, also quite good as things to shoot with at stuff.

Except Juniors. What is the point of them?

They introduced thousands of youngsters to the art of pistol shooting, which is why so many have been sold over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
    bit of cold blue will bring that up nicely
    I.J., you could have least photographed it with some inert .455 rounds. Looks odd with those wrong shape ones !

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I'm cured after a short episode.

I got myself a boxed Typhoon (1979) and a stunning Premier (1974).

I'm done.
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    ---- So far a Hurricane, Tempest, Typhoon, Senior (yes a bloody Senior!) and Premier have all been put into green baize lined wooden boxes (not for burial) and given as presents.
    Do you make your own boxes, or is there an off-the-shelf option that you customise?

Cheers,

Mark.
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    I.J., you could have least photographed it with some inert .455 rounds. Looks odd with those wrong shape ones !

Baz

Is that better? Well at least the grenade is 'round'.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Nice replicas these, especially if accompanied by some period accessories.

Regards

Brian

The pre-war 'Straight Grip' Senior, my personal favorite from the Webley range. .

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    The pre-war 'Straight Grip' Senior, my personal favorite from the Webley range. .

Brian
    My personal goal is to nail down the same in a US Stoeger!

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    My personal goal is to nail down the same in a US Stoeger!
    Hi,

Good luck with what would be an extremely expensive quest here in the UK. Although I have both calibres for this pistol, I would certainly go for the .177 given a choice as I find this much more accurate at 10 metres than the .22 calibre.

Interestingly, I have found this to be true for all spring powered air pistols I have tried with the reverse seeming to be the case with my Co2 powered pistols (Crosman 150, Benjamin 262 etc).

Regards
    Brian

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Some more uses for the Wobbly pistol.

Can't stop laughing !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hi,

Good luck with what would be an extremely expensive quest here in the UK. Although I have both calibres for this pistol, I would certainly go for the .177 given a choice as I find this much more accurate at 10 metres than the .22 calibre.

Interestingly, I have found this to be true for all spring powered air pistols I have tried with the reverse seeming to be the case with my Co2 powered pistols (Crosman 150, Benjamin 262 etc).

Regards
    Brian
    Interesting I have noticed the same thing. I’m wondering if the same is true of Haenel 28s, my mint 22, 28 is very inconsistent. Haven’t tested my new 28, .177. I also tend to only want 22 Crosman rifles, just seem better for the pneumatic volume of air.