Thread: Webley Disease....Highly contagious

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    I.J---"How much?" You see it is an illness that creeps up on you. I am not a collector, but I seem to have a lot of Webley pistols, despite the fact one of the better condition ones seems to go to a family member in a lined box every Christmas and I end up getting a rougher one to replace it. So far a Hurricane, Tempest, Typhoon, Senior (yes a bloody Senior!) and Premier have all been put into green baize lined wooden boxes (not for burial) and given as presents. I somehow seem to have acquired 6 or so Juniors although 2 of these were sort of by accident/ default. I bought a really abused Mk2 Premier off here to stop it being broken, also a Pre War Mk1 that was on it's last legs. Garvin sent me a lump of a Pre War Mk1 last year and it is now working, although fitted with a Post War barrel and I am debating whether to strip off the matt black paint and give it a bit of a wash over with Plum Brown or leave it as it is? I have found that some of the most abused guns seem to shoot the best---------almost as though they appreciate a bit of Tlc after all the abuse.
    Maybe one day, a rough Typhoon frame or pistol will turn up and it will be converted into a Typest. Maybe I might get a cheap, rough Straight gripped Senior? Who knows? Do I need another Webley pistol? No. Would I buy, accept a freebie, take in an abused one etc? Yes.
    It is a bit of a problem. Some people even like them so much (I.J) that they make them a cup of tea
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    ---- So far a Hurricane, Tempest, Typhoon, Senior (yes a bloody Senior!) and Premier have all been put into green baize lined wooden boxes (not for burial) and given as presents.
    Do you make your own boxes, or is there an off-the-shelf option that you customise?

Cheers,

Mark.
    Too many guns, or not enough time?