Thread: Vintage is all about the little things:

Vintage is all about the little things:

Crosman 102 Sight circa 1929:

20 years later:

cut your finger nails

Quote Originally Posted by Big Seth View Post
    cut your finger nails
    I play guitar when I’m not collecting air guns!!

Good work there 45. How's the rest of the gun coming along? Or is it/was it in better order than the sight was?
    Dave

an oldie but a goodie(and a littly!)

https://imgur.com/IoJ1m2V

On the 8th of August 1876 , George Gibson Bussey, an English sporting goods manufacturer,was granted the first British patent relating to the design of a spring-powered airgun. Bussey's air rifles and pistols were indeed the only all-British airguns made in the latter part of the Victorian age. A fact that has ensured the inventor's place in the history of air weapons.

With end of WWII in sight, Crosman moved from the old factory on Paul St. to the new Henrietta St. building, which used to be a dairy. The old Paul St. building, an old business machine manufacturing facility, had overhead belt drive machines, none of which could be moved to the new plant. The first hire for the new factory was Rudy Merz in 1945 (on Hiroshima day) and his job was to redesign the model 101/102 so it could be manufactured on the new screw machine tooling. The result was a complete redesign of the 101/102 guns without actually changing the designs in any significant way.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    I play guitar when I’m not collecting air guns!!
    So your plucking hand will have long nails, The others will be trimmed down so as not to intefere with the fretting??

I tried growing mine but they follow the ends of my fingers around the ends for some strange reason!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    So your plucking hand will have long nails, The others will be trimmed down so as not to intefere with the fretting??

I tried growing mine but they follow the ends of my fingers around the ends for some strange reason!!

John
    Yep, I have had comment after comment about my nails cause people don’t know about guitar players. Had two comments today on pics I posted☹️