Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using expanding foam to fill stock.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    I filled my lightning stock with expanding foam. As Steyr says, clingfilm inside and out, don't try and do it all at once, watch out for overspill. Leave the buttpad off until you've trimmed the cured foam. Test some first to see how much it expands.
    It did stop the horrible resonance I was getting. Not sure if underlay would have done as good a job.
    Good deals with these members

Hi Wilba,

I filled my stock with expanding foam (slowly and in stages) with the butt plate off. Allowed it to cure and trimmed. Defiantly deadened the noise, but lost interest in the military look and put the action back in to its original wood 'woodsman' stock. As others have said, be careful with this stuff on your hands and use sparingly as it expands a fair bit!!

Chris
    Falcon Raptor (FN12) Lighthunter - Walnut FX Cutlas - EB XVI - HW35 'Karbine' - BSA Airsporter MK4 - Webley Mk III - Relum Tornado - FWB Sport 127 Deluxe - Crosman 1322 custom - Sussex Armoury Jackal - BSA Superstar - Logun Eagle (All .22) and HW80 in .25

Think i will go the underlay route. Thanks for your help all. Regards. Chris