Thread: Sticking filler cover on ftp 900

Sticking filler cover on ftp 900

Hello peeps
    Havn't been on for a while so I don't know if this problem has been raised before. Here goes. The rotating probe cover on my 900 has stuck and is nearly impossible to turn.
    Cause please and remedy
    Cheers
    AA FTP900 big nikko 10-50 x 60
    HW 100KTL .177 Optisan ffp
    HW 97 gin b stock

stuck

hi , is the cover metal ?, have you used a silicone based product to clean ,wipe, lubricate etc ?. you might want to try some solvent based cleaner . id dump the air and remove the filler first or dump clean remove the filler then replace the seals incase the cleaner damages the seals " atb gc93

It could be dirt or a foreign object, grit etc, has got in the gap & is jamming it or if not used for a while it could be simple corrosion, a couple of drops of 3in1 oil might be all it needs.

Stuck

Thanks for the answers. I will try 3 in 1 or similar first🙏 Then the alternative dump air and strip 😱
    Thanks 👍🏻
    HW 97 gin b stock

Quote Originally Posted by shytalk View Post
    Hello peeps
    Havn't been on for a while so I don't know if this problem has been raised before. Here goes. The rotating probe cover on my 900 has stuck and is nearly impossible to turn.
    Cause please and remedy
    Cheers
    I am not familair with the FTP 900 but could it be that there has been a leak and the built up of pressure has locked it in? Would it come loose if you dry fired the gun till empty of air?

A.G

Not stuck anymore 🙏

Thanks for the answers. I will try 3 in 1 or similar first🙏 Then the alternative dump air and strip 😱
    Thanks 👍🏻
    Gun oil on cotton bud left in warm room appears have done the trick. Dried off now a thin coat of silicon grease left in warm room see what it's like tomorrow.
    Chris at airarms had not come across this problem before but said it would be something simple.
    Hope it's fettled.
    Thanks for your help gents👍🏻
    Must remember to come back here more often.😁👍🏻
    HW 97 gin b stock

Gun oil on cotton bud left in warm room appears have done the trick. Dried off now a thin coat of silicon grease left in warm room see what it's like tomorrow.
    Chris at airarms had not come across this problem before but said it would be something simple.
    Hope it's fettled.
    Thanks for your help gents👍🏻
    Must remember to come back here more often.😁👍🏻
    If it's metal on metal get rid of the silicon asap with solvent thinners, & use a moly grease.
    If it's on plastic or rubber (like an O ring) then it's OK.