Thread: Air arms side levers

Air arms side levers

Does anybody know where I could get one of the tiny springs that sits inside the rear block securing pin on the air arms side levers? It's the spring that sits directly above trigger, part number cs286 but isn't listed anywhere for sale on chambers etc. Any suggestions or anyone that knows the size of the original springs used would be greatly appreciated? Cheers Doug

Have you asked the maker? Even if they don't have one maybe they can tell you the size you need & then source it from engineering supplier....... I couldn't find one advertised on the usual places though.

Have used Springs from old gas lighter flint tubes,must be the ones with the flint to ignite.

Air arms trigger spring

Quote Originally Posted by grieva View Post
    Have used Springs from old gas lighter flint tubes,must be the ones with the flint to ignite.
    Hi Doug

I think I may have one for you.
    Will have a look later when I finish work.

Sideleverjohn

Does anyone have information on the piston spacer and spring buffer in these side levers. What materials were they made from etc.
    I recently needed a loading tap lever [I know, rocking horse droppings and all that!] but with a bit of fettling adapted one from a Webley Osprey. Just thought that may be of interest to other owners.

Quote Originally Posted by trajectory View Post
    Have you asked the maker? Even if they don't have one maybe they can tell you the size you need & then source it from engineering supplier....... I couldn't find one advertised on the usual places though.
    Have you tried a ball point pen or assorted springs off the web.

Ball point pens I've tried -the spring on the trigger is much smaller. I'll try raiding some old lighters and see if they're any closer. Cheers for all the replies if anyone finds one or finds the original sizes I'll try and get a few as spares.

Doug,

Have you tried googling 'Julian Bond air arms spares'? He had a few bits I struggled to source for my Jackal (look at the AR prefix parts.

Hope this helps?

Chris
    Falcon Raptor (FN12) Lighthunter - Walnut FX Cutlas - EB XVI - HW35 'Karbine' - BSA Airsporter MK4 - Webley Mk III - Relum Tornado - FWB Sport 127 Deluxe - Crosman 1322 custom - Sussex Armoury Jackal - BSA Superstar - Logun Eagle (All .22) and HW80 in .25

Cheers for all the replies. SideleverJohn sent me the dimensions of one of his springs -9mm long x 2.3 mm OD , I went to a local engineering supplies and picked up a few and the guns all working fine now. Luckily I got a few that I could trim to length as mine needed to be a bit longer than 9mm ' think I'm currently running about 15mm long and the springs I fitted were 2.7mm OD . Can always try trimming length to suit. If anyone ever needs any of these springs I've now got a supply of these so feel free to message me if you need one.