Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday Mr Bum

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Thank you all for the birthday wishes, calls etc.

To John, I've been up and working since 5:30 this morning so we could go test driving even more cars at lunchtime. I am now car blind and fed up with the whole affair.
    This afternoon got worse, the learning curve moving to CNC is almost vertical, but I found some old rope and a set of crampons. I'm getting there!

I'm done now, got some food and drink in, had my haircut and its now and gin o'clock.

Have a great eveing everyone!
    Great stuff Nick, go forrrit Mate !

I'm currently on G&T's right now !
    “An airgun or two”………

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Happy birthday Nick, sounds like you have a good day so far.

ATB

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Happy birthday
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Happy birthday matey many happy returns x

Can't believe I missed this!! (Insert joke about the lack of importance of tinnys birthday here). Sorry bout that! & many happy returns sir!!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

He won't have noticed young Rhys.

I've heard that he's still slaughtered!

Hope all is well with you, the family and your new home matey.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    He won't have noticed young Rhys.

I've heard that he's still slaughtered!

Hope all is well with you, the family and your new home matey.
    Thanks Tone, & yes wer all fine here. I'm rather gutted though I've not been able to get my 77 out yet since I bought it!! I've only put 2 pellets through it & that was pointed at the floor just to make sure it wasn't broken .
    I'm desperate to pull it apart have a tinker, get it shooting smooth & shove 1000 pellets through it..... (Preferably in a day!!!) So boring being busy. I may have struck a deal with the missus thought.. and she mentioned about me being able to stay at the next boinger bash for at least 2 days!! Fingers crossed a? I think I'm going to get tinny to take a look at the rifle & "breath" on it with some goodies of his
    ATB
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Great to hear that you're all keeping well, Rhys.

And fantastic to hear that you may do a two-day stint at The Hollow.

I know what you mean re the lack of time matey. I have a few tinkering projects to undertake when I can squeeze them in. Hopefully this Sunday I'll be taking a peep inside the little Supersport I got last week.

If that 77 is a 25mm, all she'll need is a degrease and relube. Plus seals if required. A tiny bit of polishing to make sure all will run smoothly, spring if required (and ends nice and shiny) and a little bit of Delrin goodness and it'll be beautiful.

We'll all be there in just 12 weeks now!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Great to hear that you're all keeping well, Rhys.

And fantastic to hear that you may do a two-day stint at The Hollow.

I know what you mean re the lack of time matey. I have a few tinkering projects to undertake when I can squeeze them in. Hopefully this Sunday I'll be taking a peep inside the little Supersport I got last week.

If that 77 is a 25mm, all she'll need is a degrease and relube. Plus seals if required. A tiny bit of polishing to make sure all will run smoothly, spring if required (and ends nice and shiny) and a little bit of Delrin goodness and it'll be beautiful.

We'll all be there in just 12 weeks now!
    I'm pretty certain its a newer 26mm.., not that I'm worried though as its a full length .22 so I'm sure we can sort something ., 12 weeks a? well that's not long at all in adult terms! I cant wait, I'm just trying to figure out on which scope to put on it, ive got a few to choose from now but I cant help thinking I might need a nice 2-7 to plonk on top anyway I just want to get in use with it & start enjoying the girl. heres what she looks like.,
    Last edited by rhyslightnin; 12-01-2018 at 09:36 PM. Reason: sorry didnt notice the advert on the pic!!!

That looks beautiful, Rhys.

Don't fret over it being a 26mm. Some may say to lighten the piston and reduce the stroke slightly, but with just a very mild fettle it will still be lovely. And many shoot beautifully out of the box. If the spring is good and the standard (and very good) guide fits the spring nicely, a top hat, polish and lube will be just fine and just shoot and enjoy.

Happy Birthday Nick.....Have a great time mate

Cheers

Steve

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasle View Post
    Happy Birthday Nick.....Have a great time mate

Cheers

Steve
    Enough already, he’s nearly 48 now !
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. Crosman Ratcher 2250XL .22 AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    I'm pretty certain its a newer 26mm.., not that I'm worried though as its a full length .22 so I'm sure we can sort something ., 12 weeks a? well that's not long at all in adult terms! I cant wait, I'm just trying to figure out on which scope to put on it, ive got a few to choose from now but I cant help thinking I might need a nice 2-7 to plonk on top anyway I just want to get in use with it & start enjoying the girl. heres what she looks like.,
    Hiya rhys,
    I reckon a nice little hawke airmax 2-7X32 would go lovely on that. Plenty of aim off points, great glass and light.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Hiya rhys,
    I reckon a nice little hawke airmax 2-7X32 would go lovely on that. Plenty of aim off points, great glass and light.
    Agree BUT LIGHT sorry to disagree mate, but imo for its size, it's a pretty weighty scope

Rhys, I may have a Vortex Diamondback 2-7x35 for sale if interested