Thread: Posting an air rifle to Europe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cheers for the replies chaps, it's not sounding particularly easy.

I do find it a bit bizarre though? - I've had air rifles sent to me via DHL next day delivery from mainland Europe, with not a question asked.
    Going the other way it seems like it's almost impossible and yet quite often the UK is held up as and example of having some of the toughest firearms laws in the World.

Seems to me like it's easy to get guns into the UK, but once they're in - we want to keep them all

Quote Originally Posted by Brian.Samson View Post
    Cheers for the replies chaps, it's not sounding particularly easy.

I do find it a bit bizarre though? - I've had air rifles sent to me via DHL next day delivery from mainland Europe, with not a question asked.
    Going the other way it seems like it's almost impossible and yet quite often the UK is held up as and example of having some of the toughest firearms laws in the World.

Seems to me like it's easy to get guns into the UK, but once they're in - we want to keep them all
    I've had gun's sent to me via several carriers but it doesn't mean they were sent legally

Depending on the situation it might well be easier to take it on a cheap flight as personal luggage, provided the company is notified in advance.

Probably easier to fly with it out there. Easyjet used to do Athens from Standstead.

Quote Originally Posted by imorik View Post
    As far as I know you can legally send an air rifle out of UK but no carriers will accept an air rifle so in reality you can't
    Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    Probably easier to fly with it out there. Easyjet used to do Athens from Standstead.
    The above, fundamentally. Plus as aforementioned the buyer (not you, unless you are doing the accompanied travelling) needs to take care of the legalities his end.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

hi, i sent 1 to the netherlands tuesday, its just got to the buyer. atb mick

Hi Mick,

If you don't mind telling, how did you send the air rifle to Holland/

atb and happy new year, Nicholas