Thread: SF scope for night vision (night sights viper) recommendations please!

SF scope for night vision (night sights viper) recommendations please!

Hi all., As above, I'm not really into magnification & itl be on a farm gun so only shooting to 25yrds max. What's out there & what does everyone use?
    Thanks all
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

MTC Mamba lites seem to have a good working relationship with add on NV gear.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Slightly unusual that it's only wanted for such short range.

In general to use an add-on you need to have adjustable focus, and a sidewheel is far, far easier to use, in the field, than AO, but around a yard it probably won't get adjusted all that much.

Hawke glass is usually excellent used with NV so how about the Vantage 2-7x32 AO £65 ish or for better quality the Airmax 2-7x32 AMX AO £140 ish

I suppose it might be possible to use a low mag scope without adjustable focus if it's PX'd down to 25yds or there's the Vantage 4x32 AO if you like fixed mag

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Slightly unusual that it's only wanted for such short range.

In general to use an add-on you need to have adjustable focus, and a sidewheel is far, far easier to use, in the field, than AO, but around a yard it probably won't get adjusted all that much.

Hawke glass is usually excellent used with NV so how about the Vantage 2-7x32 AO £65 ish or for better quality the Airmax 2-7x32 AMX AO £140 ish

I suppose it might be possible to use a low mag scope without adjustable focus if it's PX'd down to 25yds or there's the Vantage 4x32 AO if you like fixed mag
    Not really. A farm I shot 25 yards was a long shot. Some farm yards can actually be quite compact especially if you have to avoid shooting in the direction of plant and infrastructure and livestock too. Sub 25 on a farm cod easily be the max range.

I agree re low mag and side focus but anpther issue can be a zeroing nightmare so I would suggest a ladder ret...christmas tree is better than something like an MP8. Which is mil sub mil.sub mil. Tried that for HFT once and forever counting and recountimg upand down the ret. Ladder is easier and a bit more instinctive if your brain can handle the onfo.

Get to know your ranges from firing positions and chart your POIs on a waterproof card till you are instinctive.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

I'm currently using a meopta artemis 2000 4x32 on said rifle & it's great but I have on occasion needed a bit of adjustment. The other issue I have with the 4x32 is it's a desperately experience bit of glass for a gun that gets dragged around a farmyard... I'm pretty good at looking after my kit but farmyards in the dark are notorious for the bum and bang to your equipment here & there & I want something much more replaceable! I think I may just put the 4x32 on my nice 77 for pleasure shooting. As far as AO goes.. it's not beyond the realms of possibility & I do like the idea of a 2-7... Its the perfect size for a farm gun I think. So maybe I'll look at the airmax.. I was thinking the panorama but unfortunately they don't do it with AO..
    Thanks guys for your info and input
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

I'll give another vote for Hawke scopes Rhys.

I find that the Airmax range work really well - I get a good sight range with my NS Viper.

Their Vantage scopes also work well but, spotting range is reduced a bit. However, they'll still work good for the ranges that you've specified and, they're priced well.

Pop down if you want a look at one mate - the kettle's always on.

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    I'll give another vote for Hawke scopes Rhys.

I find that the Airmax range work really well - I get a good sight range with my NS Viper.

Their Vantage scopes also work well but, spotting range is reduced a bit. However, they'll still work good for the ranges that you've specified and, they're priced well.

Pop down if you want a look at one mate - the kettle's always on.
    Massive electrical bill & high humidity?!

Love to have a look mate.. I'll txt you in a week & arrange a trip