Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: scope problems

says what rifles further up and the issue is not with them . scopes gone now anyways

If your zero is set at say 25 - 30 yards, with a 50mm objective lens it will print low at 10 yards, although it should not be at the limit of adjustment. I`ve had to shim several scopes because of this problem. As mentioned barrel droop on a springer can sometimes happen with the same results.

Quote Originally Posted by pikk View Post
    i have 3 rifles, artemis m16, hw 97 and webley raider 12 , all of them are scoped up and firing bang on, loads of room for adjustment high and low, i put the nikko on each of these without moving the mounts and it fired low on every one of them with elevation maxed out . as i said , ive checked
    Sounds like the scope internals are fubar or you have a banana scope. Either way shimming a scope is never the ideal solution and you may need a lot to bring her back into use. Shimming applies an uneven tension and that is never cool.

Nikko are generally decent bearing in mind their budget but they are still a budget scope IMHO. You pay for what you get.

See if the scope is out. Contact Nikko and ask for advice...You never know what they might suggest or offer. Mentioning your a loyal Nikko user will do no harm....My three other scopes all work really well, but this one!!!!........leave it hanging.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

You've probably already checked this but I had a club member who had same issue....they had knocked their barrel band and it had moved barrel....as soon as it was put right the scope was ok!😉....obviously if you've checked with another scope and aren't getting a similar problem then it's not that!😁