Thread: Webley Alecto

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Only ever held one, not tried it properly on targets.

But, for the sake of being contrary....

Big, ugly, silly looking comic book thing. Like a Desert Eagle, but even stupider. Compare with an HW45, or old BSA Scorpion. Also a Crosman 1377/1322 will do almost everything the Zoracki "Webley" does at about half the price.

I'm biased. I dislike (a) huge pistols with rails and funny big grips with those ghastly finger grooves, and lasers and red dots and all that junk bolted on (b) any "Webley" not made in Birmingham.

It's probably OK. But I reserve my right not to like it.

Did I mention the Crosman 1377/1322?
    ...And a lot more pumping I had a 1377 and frankly the number of pumps required to get a full power shot took a lot of the fun out of it. Two pumps on an Alecto and you're there on around 5 fpe...meanwhile, back at the 1377...

For ease of use on paper punching, I like the Daisy 717. Nice long pump handle on the side, one stroke and its ready to go.

zoraki/alecto

I purchased a new Zoraki/Alecto a few months ago. I was fairly impressed with it overall, the quality is pretty good and it's a good design. Pretty difficult to get the third pump into it, but two pumps is enough for most circumstances. The killer for me was the fact I couldn't hit anything with it. I tried and tried to shoot the thing accurately. Over the course of a few days I went back to it many times, never managed to shoot it any where as accurately as my Gamo Compact. Now idon't claim to be any kind of sharpshooter but I had better results with my HW45! I took the gun back to the shop where it was checked over and no problems were found. So I stuck with bit for about 300 more pellets, but just couldn't get on with it. I just couldn't shoot it remotely well. Now I'm positive that there was nothing wrong with that particular gun, and the problem was me. In the end I conceded and took it back again and managed to p/x it against a new Baikal IZH 46. This I could shoot amazingly accurately straight from the box. So I would suggest trying one before buying. John.
    Theoben Fenman, Theoben Scirroco 2000, BSA Cadet Major, Webley Premier MK2, ASI Sniper!

alecto

from all the adjustment you would think it would be terrific but i never felt comfortable with it. excellent build quality though. in my opinion not in the same league as my hw75.

Just had a second hand one in .22 come in and was quite impressed as I don't know of any other SSP that gives that combination of power and accuracy. If you want superb accuracy the Baikal IZH 46 M but not the power. Alecto very easy to put in one pump which gives 3 ft lb, two pumps not too difficult at 5.5 ft.lb.! As mentioned you can get a little extra with 3 pumps but much more cocking effort.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I have one in .177 that I initially had a bad barrel with poor shot groups.

It took me 2 years to work this out, Highland Outdoors sent me a new barrel which has completely transformed the pistol, now v accurate.

Credit to them for customer service out of warranty.

I hate to damn it with faint praise but I have one and all I can say is that it is ok.

It shoots powerfully and accurately. It is a bit bulky but for me - and I know that this is purely subjective - it is just plain boring and I don't enjoy using it.

Had one for about a year and it shot really well. Mine was in 177 and it was plenty powerful enough to shoot 20m targets
    at the range. I only sold it to help fund a more target style pistol but it has changed hands a couple of times at the club and
    is still being used in postal comps. Good gun for the money. Tim