Thread: Swiss Arms P1911 Gas mag fix

Swiss Arms P1911 Gas mag fix

Hello
    Just recently had issues with leaky gas (escapes straight out the top of the mag) in both of my mags for my Swiss Arms P1911, same as Remington TAC/RAC, Tangfolio Witness et al ; and thought i'd share the fix ;

Got one of these to remove the valve : RC-Aluminium-Alloy-Ball-End-Remover, It could be stronger but it does the job.

Sometimes the valve vibrates loose, or doesn't come fully tightened, so try that first.

If not remove the valve and there's a small o ring in the hole, sometimes there's a small washer too, but mine only had the o-ring.
    The o-ring size is 7-1 which is 7mm INTERNAL diameter and 1mm CROSS Section (thickness) of the ring. These can be obtained fairly inexpensively, I got 10 for a couple of quid.

Place the o-ring on the valve and screw in loosely to position it, remove the valve and check the 0-ring is in place then fully tighten down the valve

Add gas, no leaks ? Job done.

If you suffer from loosening due to vibration you can also add a little PTFE tape to the valve threads prior to tightening.

Hope that helps, can't live without a blast on my 1911 !

Thanks for the tip.
    Regards

Hi dave, sorry I did not see your PM mate.
    I'm glad you sorted this though, good job.,
    ATB Marc
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..