Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pressure Bearing Parts

Can you name the dealer. As I ordered new pistons seals about 18 months ago for a couple of springers and they posted them to my address.. Be interesting if it was the same dealer.

Seems like the CPS chooses not to agree, Brian; this is from their website:

The term "component part" may be held to include
    (i) the barrel, chamber, cylinder,
    (ii) frame, body or receiver,
    (iii) breech, block, bolt or other mechanism for containing the charge at the rear of the chamber ,
    (iv)any other part of the firearm upon which the pressure caused by firing the weapon impinges directly.

Magazines, sights and furniture are not considered component parts.

On that basis O rings that sealed the air cylinder are exempt as the pressure on them is not caused by firing the weapon, but a breech seal would be a restricted item as that sees no pressure until the weapon is fired.

Do you think (iii) includes air rifle probes and bolts?
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Seems like the CPS chooses not to agree, Brian; this is from their website:

The term "component part" may be held to include
    (i) the barrel, chamber, cylinder,
    (ii) frame, body or receiver,
    (iii) breech, block, bolt or other mechanism for containing the charge at the rear of the chamber ,
    (iv)any other part of the firearm upon which the pressure caused by firing the weapon impinges directly.

Magazines, sights and furniture are not considered component parts.

On that basis O rings that sealed the air cylinder are exempt as the pressure on them is not caused by firing the weapon, but a breech seal would be a restricted item as that sees no pressure until the weapon is fired.

Do you think (iii) includes air rifle probes and bolts?
    Rich I think you have taken that quote out of context - I believe that that reference is discussing S1 and S2 firearms and not sub 12/6 airguns - note also that the compression tube bears the pressure caused by firing

EDIT: I have found the exact words you quote on the CPS website and the list of component parts specifically relates to prohibited weapons. Sub 12/6 airguns are not prohibited weapons.
    Last edited by Turnup; 12-01-2018 at 05:54 PM.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldwarf View Post
    http://airweapon.scot/faqs/

And yes i know the OP is not in scotland.
    get used to it you are getting the licence whether you like it or not just like we did[/QUOTE]

If aimed at me then i think you will find i already have a license as i'm in aberdeenshire and got mine in april last year

digitaldwarf is offline A big boy did it and he ran away!
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    get used to it you are getting the licence whether you like it or not just like we did
    If aimed at me then i think you will find i already have a license as i'm in aberdeenshire and got mine in april last year [/QUOTE]

as do i im in falkirk near the bloody kelpies
    DONT BEAM ME UP SCOTTY I'M HAVING A CR__.__..._......

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldwarf View Post
    If aimed at me then i think you will find i already have a license as i'm in aberdeenshire and got mine in april last year
    as do i im in falkirk near the bloody kelpies[/QUOTE]

calm down dear .

I took your comment as being aimed at me and not knowing i was in scotland .That is the reason i know the parts are controlled by the airgun license .

And i knew you lived in the falkirk area ,It says it top right of the page beside your join date . I always look there to see if the person i am giving information to is in that part of the country .Or else my advice would not matter to them if they were asking if a shop stocked this or that .
    Last edited by bighit; 12-01-2018 at 06:01 PM.