Thread: Ratcatcher

Ratcatcher

OK time to bite the bullet....i have a couple of these and tbh there aint a lot wrong with them.....but...here is the question...who or where can i get a decent trigger from??
    I know some of the options out there but before i spend a fortune i want to canvase some opinion....do i
    A....just fit a wide blade
    B....fit a wide blade with bearings on the back
    C....fit a new one piece sear bar to give better feel
    D....go the whole hog and fit a 2 stage unit from Alliance?
    Answers please!!

I haven't played with the triggers on any of my 1377s or 2240s yet (all the same triggers), but there are quite a few cheaper kits out there with supposedly better components and with a lighter trigger spring. Or polish the parts and then the lighter spring. See the G-Mac, SD Custom Designs and TR Robb sites.

Hope this helps.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    A through C will help, but it will never be a match trigger.
    Crosmods do a quite nice pseudo two-stage trigger unit but the guy is a bit of a nightmare to deal with (though surprisingly still trading as of a month or two ago).
    HPA Sporrts are currently awaiting stock of the Bluefork trigger, another nice pseudo two-stage unit that can take AR grips.
    Option D, fitting the disco trigger unit and getting a new hammer, looks to be the only proper two-stage unit option that is anything like available.
    Good deals with these members

Incidentally I'm having a crosman bits clearout at the moment and I have a trigger blade that I rather crudely brazed a wider blade onto: you're welcome to it -gratis - if you want a play, it does make a difference.

Just found this as another option...
    http://www.gmaccustomparts.com/epage...ectID=19522339

Quote Originally Posted by AC all day View Post
    Forgot about that, and I was looking at it recently...

Don't forget to factor in the cost of a new hammer and striker.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by AC all day View Post
    Cost almost as much as the gun.

I get the attraction of these 2240/50s - I had a few. Easy to swaps bits around, play with, modify, but when the total invvestmnet gets to more than say £200, you can buy all manner of decent secondhand PCPs for that (e.g. Ultra, spitfire, AGS), and the ratty will just never come close to their performance - plus you will lose a load of money when the time comes to sell it on. So £50 for a trigger ? That I just don't get. Fitting a steel breach, lengthening the probe, sorting the TP, sure. But £50 for a trigger on a £100 gun ? nah...

Last year I paid £120 for a secondhand AGC PCR-1. Ugly stock, sure. but 35+ shots at full power, no temperature issues, 1/2" at 30 yards with most ammo (my kids use it for plinking, so I've never really done much pellet investigation), two stage trigger, and nice and light. You could spend 3x that price modding a ratty to get less performance.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

the 1701-p drop sear is as good a trigger unit as any but at a cost in the UK don't buy from alliance as he is a dear do selling a $37 complete trigger unit for nearly $100
    the super sears are a bit fragile especially if you get the adjustable one and tend to break at the screw
    most of the adjustable sear spring kits have very little real adjustment
    the common idea is to compress the std sear spring to coil bound for a length of time and use a spent .22lr case as a guide-still crap
    the way to cheaply get a nice light trigger is to fir a light wire spring about .5mm wire add a guide that bottoms out on the spring peg just after the sear clears the hammer -polish all contact points and shim the sideways play out of the sear
    I have most types of the compatible triggers combinations for crosmans and the best is the 1701-p drop sear and hammere fitted with a Stace blade followed by his roller trigger with a light spring kit and Gmac stainless sear

Wehave a 2250 here that we bought about 8 or nine years ago. Its had a couple of mods over the years but a simple kit from TR Robb i think, absolutely transformed the trigger.
    No match trigger by any means but useable. The standard trigger gave my son blisters on ratting trips.
    B.A.S.C. member