Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Month and year of manufacture for an HW77?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    A bit more of an update ....

I managed to skive off for a short while yesterday so, I took the rifle down to Black Cat for a quick zero and plink.

While I was there, I found out that it used to belong to a friend - they confirmed that they had SFS do a stage 2 tune on it a couple of years ago.

I usually prefer carbine type rifles and, I'm a big fan of the TX200hc but, this old '77 is really growing on me.
    Hilarious!! I was out with mine yesterday!! I could have come up!! Ahh well next time.

Sounds nice mate & even though you may have reservations on the full length I think it's better! I love the full length.. it's dead stable and very easy to cock.

After faffing about with scopes & mounts I took mine up the farm & bashed a load of rats & birds with it.... It was really nice to get back to spring & I'm dead impressed with this rifle..... it's got a bit of buzz when it shoots but the vibration in the stock is very little.
    I'm totally made to to be honest, all I need do is a spit n polish, decent guide to drop the buzz a bit & get a 32mm scope on it.
    Here.. if you want some mounts that'll drop nice & low on the top, you should try those Nikon ones I've just bought.., they go great with the low cheek rest
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Hilarious!! I was out with mine yesterday!! I could have come up!! Ahh well next time.

Sounds nice mate & even though you may have reservations on the full length I think it's better! I love the full length.. it's dead stable and very easy to cock.

After faffing about with scopes & mounts I took mine up the farm & bashed a load of rats & birds with it.... It was really nice to get back to spring & I'm dead impressed with this rifle..... it's got a bit of buzz when it shoots but the vibration in the stock is very little.
    I'm totally made to to be honest, all I need do is a spit n polish, decent guide to drop the buzz a bit & get a 32mm scope on it.
    Here.. if you want some mounts that'll drop nice & low on the top, you should try those Nikon ones I've just bought.., they go great with the low cheek rest
    Rhys
    Sorry mate - it was just a quick skive to get the scope zeroed and knock over a couple of tin chickens

I did see your thread about the mounts - they look good.
    At the moment I've got a Hawke Vantage 4-12x44 with a 1pc Dampa mount on there. It's sitting fairly low but, I'll be interested to see yours.
    ... I'm thinking of going with open sights on this one.

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    Sorry mate - it was just a quick skive to get the scope zeroed and knock over a couple of tin chickens

I did see your thread about the mounts - they look good.
    At the moment I've got a Hawke Vantage 4-12x44 with a 1pc Dampa mount on there. It's sitting fairly low but, I'll be interested to see yours.
    ... I'm thinking of going with open sights on this one.
    Its alright mate I just thought it was funny, I know how it is ... Opens would be fun I've got some for mine., Even a diopta rear sight but I've got my heart set on a 32mm scope at the mo. how are you fixed on Thursdays? I've just arranged to have every other Thursday afternoon off for shooting starting next week... If you about on a Thursday afternoon at some point we could hook up & go along some lead!

Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.