View Poll Results: What maximum range would you be happy shooting indoors?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • 20 yards

0 0%
  • 30 yards

15 18.52%
  • 40 yards

5 6.17%
  • 50 yards

30 37.04%
  • Further than 50 yards

31 38.27%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What length of indoor range

Ranges

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Its also about the 'quality' of members. I regularly pass a 50m plus firearms approved range to go to my far more friendly own airgun specific club (40m) with 7 firing points or Rochdale A.G.C. (50m) the later having approx 20 firing points. Its all about the fun you have while you are there. No equipment snobbery - just a damned good laugh.
    It's all about the quality of the pish taking! I can stay at home & have the pish took, but it's higher quality at the club, to the shooting😉
    John.
    ok, I admit it, I've got a problem.
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.uk/[url]

I voted 30yrds but that should say 30yrds + but Personally I'd be happy shooting any range. there is a range for everything.. so if it's too easy try standing one handed
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

I think you have asked the wrong question. I would say what is the shortest indoor range you would be happy with. a lot of air weapon target shooting is done at 10m but what I want is a 100m full power rifle rated range than I can shoot anything at any distance I desire. What I will settle for is 20m minimum.
    I think a lot of the indoor 100m ranges were in disused train tunnels but mushroom growers are willing to pay more than a range can afford so they became mushroom farms
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    We have 33 yards indoor for air sub 12 which is fine. For that fact, the majority of my sub 12 air rifles are zeroed at that distance although I have two .22 Fenmans and two older BSA springers zeroed at 25.
    50 would be ideal.
    “An airgun or two”………

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    My local has a 10 yard and a 20 yard range. I tend to use it for pistols, and for open sighted vintage springers; perfect ranges for those.
    It also cleared for FAC
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Longer ranges would only encourage a wounding shot if being used for practicing at vermin.
    If it's only paper and tin chicken use then 100 is lots of fun.
    We have an indoor 25yd and an outdoor 50 and 100 ranges also a tunnel range at 100 yd for higher velocities,
    Spoilt really and it's open 24/7 365 days.
    Leek shooting centre.😜

I'd be happy with anything from 35 to 55 yards.
    I'm lucky though I have 100yards indoors at work

Voted for 30 yards, but the ideal one for me would be 50 to really separate the boys from the girls when pellet testing.

Although 75 yards would be absolute bliss indoors for nailing the (vertical) aimpoints for the Quigley Hollow Bucket!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

45 - 50 yds so that I could practice at all HFT ranges.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post

I'd be happy with 50 but, I'd like more.
    Fifty is fine for me. You're just greedy.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Length isn't everything; you can have a lot of fun at 20 yards. We have about ten members actively shooting LSR at 20 yards and a dozen or so shooting bench rest to NSRA spec and to Midlands Region spec, on their own cards. Four lanes side by side.

If we had 25 metres then I think we'd use that for prone shooting, which is a discipline we don't do at the moment.

We've also got access to a smaller range only 15 yards and room for two at a time, which would be fine for 10m (but no interest) and 10m pistol (very little interest).
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

I voted for 50, mainly because I shoot at a FT club, and finding a pellet that groups well at 50 - 55 yards is a time consuming and frustrating thing, as getting a day up the club without any wind is rare, and my home range is a maximum of 35 yards

Quote Originally Posted by series2a View Post
    Longer ranges would only encourage a wounding shot if being used for practicing at vermin.
    If it's only paper and tin chicken use then 100 is lots of fun.
    We have an indoor 25yd and an outdoor 50 and 100 ranges also a tunnel range at 100 yd for higher velocities,
    Spoilt really and it's open 24/7 365 days.
    Leek shooting centre.😜
    Thanks for that. I'll contact the secretary. I'm only 20 mins away. Sounds ideal.

Bolton Gun Club situated in a Mill in Leigh have a 55 yard Range which is inprocess of having an area sectioned off and cleared for .22 Rimfire.
    It has Archery and Pistol Shooting Ranges and although it is allegedly not as refined as a near Range it is much better fun, with no one shouting and barking at you on a regular basis, and pecking orders are greatly fround upon.
    A good Range and a reccomended place to go.

I have a 9 yard indoor range at home (commonly called a hallway and kitchen) which is great for practicing unsupported shots and refining technique but the 55 yards indoor range at Bolton Shooting Club is everything you need for setting up any sub 12 fpe air rifle and extreme pellet testing. Just going along for general target practice can be very challenging and tiring at the longer ranges because you can't blame the wind here, the paper target doesn't lie and all your shooting air is free, this long indoor shooting range really punishes poor equipment and technique.