View Poll Results: What maximum range would you be happy shooting indoors?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • 20 yards

0 0%
  • 30 yards

15 18.52%
  • 40 yards

5 6.17%
  • 50 yards

30 37.04%
  • Further than 50 yards

31 38.27%

Thread: What length of indoor range

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post
    needs girth too
    10 people shooting 30 yards is probably better than 2 people shooting 60 yards
    Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    Quite so.
    In light of this, what girth do you prefer for your indoor shooting ranges?

(ooh, beat me to it Dan)
    Its also about the 'quality' of members. I regularly pass a 50m plus firearms approved range to go to my far more friendly own airgun specific club (40m) with 7 firing points or Rochdale A.G.C. (50m) the later having approx 20 firing points. Its all about the fun you have while you are there. No equipment snobbery - just a damned good laugh.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Ranges

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Its also about the 'quality' of members. I regularly pass a 50m plus firearms approved range to go to my far more friendly own airgun specific club (40m) with 7 firing points or Rochdale A.G.C. (50m) the later having approx 20 firing points. Its all about the fun you have while you are there. No equipment snobbery - just a damned good laugh.
    It's all about the quality of the pish taking! I can stay at home & have the pish took, but it's higher quality at the club, to the shooting😉
    John.
    ok, I admit it, I've got a problem.
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.uk/[url]

I voted 30yrds but that should say 30yrds + but Personally I'd be happy shooting any range. there is a range for everything.. so if it's too easy try standing one handed
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

I think you have asked the wrong question. I would say what is the shortest indoor range you would be happy with. a lot of air weapon target shooting is done at 10m but what I want is a 100m full power rifle rated range than I can shoot anything at any distance I desire. What I will settle for is 20m minimum.
    I think a lot of the indoor 100m ranges were in disused train tunnels but mushroom growers are willing to pay more than a range can afford so they became mushroom farms
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at