Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BTDT to take it easy.

BTDT to take it easy.

In the latest AGW To drop through my letterbox today, Our Jim is to take life easier according to our erstwhile
    Mr TD. ,I for one love reading Jims articles and appreciate all his technical ability, he makes it understandable
    even for me and i hope we still read his articles for many years to come. A big personal thanks Jim from myself
    for all the work you do for airgunning .
    atvb Brian

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    2nded.
    Good deals with these members

Aye, take it easy Jim, always a pleasure to talk to you, pity I don't get down to Worcester shooting at the moment!
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    With a little more free time, should be easier to make it to the Springer Bash
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

My copy has also landed today.

I haven't read it yet, only had a very quick flick through.

And I see there's only the one article from Jim. It looks the usual excellent and informative and empirical one we have benefitted from over the years and Jim has done so much for us all - shedding light on so many technical subjects and proving many "knowns" to be bunkum.

I haven't read Terry's piece on this yet and I sincerely hope that my favourite Airgun writer of all time can keep us enthralled and enlightened for many years to come.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

"Taking things a little bit easier" writes our Terry, and I really hope that this is the case and no more than that. And at least three pages per month and more if Jim feels like it and really has his teeth into something.

So, hopefully, all good.

Lovely little write-up too, Mr D and I echo your sentiments entirely. The UK, no, the Worldwide airgunning scene would be a much more bereft place without Jim's and your contributions over the years.

True legends and icons of our wonderful sport.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    My copy has also landed today.

I haven't read it yet, only had a very quick flick through.

And I see there's only the one article from Jim. It looks the usual excellent and informative and empirical one we have benefitted from over the years and Jim has done so much for us all - shedding light on so many technical subjects and proving many "knowns" to be bunkum.

I haven't read Terry's piece on this yet and I sincerely hope that my favourite Airgun writer of all time can keep us enthralled and enlightened for many years to come.
    Well put Tony, I totally agree.
    Jim as always been my favourite writer and deserve 's a well earned rest.
    Regards
    Les..

Well, we might only have the one article from Jim this month, but what an eye-opening corker and a must read for everyone re using damaged pellets (even only ever-so-slightly damaged ones) and their effect on velocity variation, down range accuracy, wind drift, pellet exit timings etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Well, we might only have the one article from Jim this month, but what an eye-opening corker and a must read for everyone re using damaged pellets (even only ever-so-slightly damaged ones) and their effect on velocity variation, down range accuracy, wind drift, pellet exit timings etc.
    I read the article with interest as it appears to completely contradict the findings of Gary Wain's extensive series of damaged pellet tests, published last year in the same magazine!
    I am pleased to see this as it falls far more in line with my own experiences.
    I have now stopped using JSB Exact Jumbos in favour of H&N FTTs, as the long, soft skirts of the JSBs are too prone to damage in the tin. Not to mention the mixture of types that I am finding in my current batch!

I can only echo the sentiments expressed in the previous posts and trust that the unique articles continue to flow from Jim's pen. ... even if there are not so many of them. Where else can you find the information expressed in such an easy to read manner? Simply answered; you can't. I would like to think that Jim is taking a well earned rest from AGW to concentrate on his book (Airgun Science Fact and Fiction?) but maybe not. Whatever ... he has surely earned a rest and I wish him every happiness in his new 'partial retirement'.
    Cheers, Phil

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by brian747 View Post

In the latest AGW To drop through my letterbox today, Our Jim is to take life easier according to our erstwhile
    Mr TD. ,I for one love reading Jims articles and appreciate all his technical ability, he makes it understandable
    even for me and i hope we still read his articles for many years to come. A big personal thanks Jim from myself
    for all the work you do for airgunning .
    atvb Brian
    Yep, as a past AGW scribe, and as a past BBS forum moderator myself, I have had the privilege of working in two separate -- yet interconnected -- spheres along side our Jim, and I have to concur with all that has been said, too, for BTDT aka Jim Tyler is the toppest of top chaps. Take it easy James, and see you on a recreational thread sometime soon.

Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    I can only echo the sentiments expressed in the previous posts and trust that the unique articles continue to flow from Jim's pen. ... even if there are not so many of them. Where else can you find the information expressed in such an easy to read manner? Simply answered; you can't. I would like to think that Jim is taking a well earned rest from AGW to concentrate on his book (Airgun Science Fact and Fiction?) but maybe not. Whatever ... he has surely earned a rest and I wish him every happiness in his new 'partial retirement'.
    Cheers, Phil
    Ah, yes. The book that we've all been hoping for for years.

Maybe that's why Jim may be taking it a little easier on the articles side of things so he can dedicate more time to getting his book out there for all of us thirsty for airgunning technical knowledge and wisdom.

Could I have the first ten (signed, of course) please, Jim?

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Mmmm.... Take it easy Mr. Tyler, I need to discuss a few issues with you Sir very soon !

Take care Spring Lord !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Mmmm.... Take it easy Mr. Tyler, I need to discuss a few issues with you Sir very soon !

Take care Spring Lord !
    As awesome as our Jim is, John, I didn't think human medical conditions were within his remit!

Jim Tyler is not only a thoroughly decent bloke, he is also one of the very few people that is able to communicate his knowledge effectively via the written word. Having been told to "take it easy" myself by various members of the National Health Service in the past year, I can only say that the period of time Jim will hopefully take with his foot of the gas pedal a bit will allow him to enjoy more of his spare time and recharge his batteries somewhat.

I cant think of many individuals who have had such a positive impact upon the airgunning community as Jim. I honestly hope that he continues to contribute as and when he can.

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !