Thread: Webley FX2000 mag problems

Webley FX2000 mag problems

Recently purchased a FX2000 but am having problems with the mag indexing . When the bolt is pulled back the mag does not move , am I doing something wrong does it sound like something is broken ?
    SUPPORT THE COUNTRY YOU LIVE IN OR LIVE IN THE COUNTRY YOU SUPPORT......SIMPLES

Take the side plate off the action as there may be a broken wire part in there that reciprocates with the indexing lever, if it is that piece that's broken you may be able to fashion one out of a wire paper clip.
    One shot, one kill. Not luck, just skill.

Quote Originally Posted by aj View Post
    Take the side plate off the action as there may be a broken wire part in there that reciprocates with the indexing lever, if it is that piece that's broken you may be able to fashion one out of a wire paper clip.
    Checked that , everything seems to be as it should . It would appear that the small metal plate/arm that is connected to the bolt ( by means of the wire) is not tuning the mag . But it all seems to work fine when the mag is not in .

Possibly the mag is incorrect.

It's largely down to the diameter of the central locking pin hole - there was an approx 1mm diff, between 'early' and 'later' FX made mags.

The earlier ones were 3mm, the latter 4mm - enough slop to stop indexing.

What serial numbers did they introduce the 4mm hole ?

The mag I have has a 4mm hole and the gun serial number is 11108.

Cheers

Sorry, I cant remember the changeover date.

Confirmation that this is actually the case:

https://www.gunspares.co.uk/shopdisp...=24845&Search=

(page 2 on the parts list).

The earlier, 3mm Mag, type are getting hard to find now.

The only way to be sure is to measure the OD of the retaining pin on your rifle.

try a different mag I had the same trouble until I bought some new mags for it.
    my guns at the moment.
    DAISY pump .22.very old.
    WEBLEY RAIDER .22.single shot.
    WEBLEY RAIDER .22.10 shot.
    WEBLEY FX 2000..22.eight shot.
    FRANCHI semi auto.12 bore.
    B.S.A 4/10.
    and a few not worth mentioning..

I know this is an old thread but just in case anyone comes looking for a possible solution.

I found if you bend the magazine stop ever so slightly to the left it cured my ‘mag not rotating’ problem. It looks like a bent piece of wire that sits in front of the index lever. It was pushing my mag too far to the right not allowing the index lever to engage with my mag.

It might help someone out without the need of spending some cash on mags you don’t need or could be wrong for your gun? 🤙🏻