Thread: Compact binocular for under £100

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Compact binocular for under £100

Looking for compact binocular to carry with me when hunting. I do hunt mainly in a woodland with sub 12 rifle. Budgets is up to £100.
    I know compact ones wouldn’t be the best in low light but they are simple to carry
    I have narrowed my choice to two binocular.
    1- Vertox vanquish 8x26 for £89
    2- Hawk Endurance ED 8x25 for £99.
    Anyone got experience with one of the above? And which one would you recommend?

I really rate the Opticron Oregon 4 series. I picked up the 8x32 a few years ago for £95 (just checked and looks like you can still get them online for £99) and they're incredible for the money. Got my Dad the Oregon 4 LE 8x25 which are the compact ones, but honestly I think the extra weight of the 32s is worth it for the bigger field, especially in low light.

Do you have a range finder ? Would you use a rangefinder ?

Most range finders are 6x25 and would double up for a pair of binoculars (OK a monocular) .

two birds with one stone .

Don't buy binos without trying them for yourself, no matter what recommendations you get. I would be prepared to up the budget and size a touch if possible and get down to an Opticron dealer and try their various 30-33mm models.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    Don't buy binos without trying them for yourself, no matter what recommendations you get. I would be prepared to up the budget and size a touch if possible and get down to an Opticron dealer and try their various 30-33mm models.
    Thanks, yes plan to try once I have decided

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Do you have a range finder ? Would you use a rangefinder ?

Most range finders are 6x25 and would double up for a pair of binoculars (OK a monocular) .

two birds with one stone .
    Yes I do have a Nikon range finder but optics Of the range finder is not good for binocular

Quote Originally Posted by matthinc View Post
    I really rate the Opticron Oregon 4 series. I picked up the 8x32 a few years ago for £95 (just checked and looks like you can still get them online for £99) and they're incredible for the money. Got my Dad the Oregon 4 LE 8x25 which are the compact ones, but honestly I think the extra weight of the 32s is worth it for the bigger field, especially in low light.
    Thanks. Will have a look at the Opticron.