Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: schimel, valuation

[QUOTE=DT Fletcher;7413208]See the flickr album for all of the Schimel/American Luger/Carbo Jet paper that's in the collection. https://flic.kr/s/aHsm2675Co

Hi Dean,

Thanks for sharing the link to your Schimel paperwork collection some of which I haven't seen before.

A couple of questions.

1. Have you ever seen the AP22 variant documented in some of the associated literature ?

2. I notice that the pistol pictured on the box of my pistol uses slotted head screws whereas all the examples Iv'e seen and some literature use philips head screws. Have you seen an examples of the Schimel which uses the slotted head screws ?

Regards
    Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 14-01-2018 at 02:00 PM.

The Schimel Air Pistol

Spent years looking for one-to no avail. The only gun-maker I knew of who could squeeze more than one charging system (spring/piston /pump-up or a CO2 operated mechanism) into the one gun frame was........Mr Kenneth Pitcher of Healthways.That is why his 'Western Plainsman' is such a dinky collectable! Having said that, nowadays it seems skilled artisans have no trouble converting spring/piston powered units like Webleys and Walthers,into CO2 operated guns! Also,a number of USA-made products have and are being offered as pump-up or CO2 powered guns-even CO2 or PCP ones.Where will it ever end?

[QUOTE=Abasmajor;7413424]
    Quote Originally Posted by DT Fletcher View Post
    See the flickr album for all of the Schimel/American Luger/Carbo Jet paper that's in the collection. https://flic.kr/s/aHsm2675Co

1. Have you ever seen the AP22 variant documented in some of the associated literature ?

2. I notice that the pistol pictured on the box of my pistol uses slotted head screws whereas all the examples Iv'e seen and some literature use philips head screws. Have you seen an examples of the Schimel which uses the slotted head screws ?
    1- If memory serves, it was in the Shooter's Bible, although I could be confusing that with the Carbo Jet - which certainly was in the Shooter's bible. Be sure to read Smith's Gas, Air, and Spring Guns of the World which has some interesting information on this; especially about Swan taking over production.

2- I recall this particular subject coming up before. Can't recall if anyone came up with any real info. My take on it is that the box picture was likely of the prototype; certainly it would have been an early gun.

[QUOTE=DT Fletcher;7414822]
    Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post

1- If memory serves, it was in the Shooter's Bible, although I could be confusing that with the Carbo Jet - which certainly was in the Shooter's bible. Be sure to read Smith's Gas, Air, and Spring Guns of the World which has some interesting information on this; especially about Swan taking over production.

2- I recall this particular subject coming up before. Can't recall if anyone came up with any real info. My take on it is that the box picture was likely of the prototype; certainly it would have been an early gun.
    Hi Dean,

Thanks for that.

Regards
    Brian