Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Millride country sports

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Littlehampton West Sussex
    Posts
    2,118

    Millride country sports

    Is there anybody on here that remembers back about 18 years ago ukhft being held at Millride is it the same Millride country sports that now exists? Cheers Roy
    Cheers
    Roy
    badgeroy
    And i'll answer to anything else.

    If a politician told me he was lying i would'nt believe him.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Newcastle-under-Lyme
    Posts
    3,425
    Yes ... same place.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Littlehampton West Sussex
    Posts
    2,118
    Ello boz hows things hows the back problem, any better?
    Cheers
    Roy
    badgeroy
    And i'll answer to anything else.

    If a politician told me he was lying i would'nt believe him.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Newcastle-under-Lyme
    Posts
    3,425
    Hello mate

    The back is about the same. I just learned to live with it. I don't notice it as much these days due to the knee, the shoulder, the dodgy eyes.

    I shot quite a bit back then at Millride. I'm sure I was at the UKAHFT shoot there that you are talking about. Is that the one that Terry Doe turned up to? I remember shooting a HFT at Millride and staying in my caravan on the carpark. I'm sure old pink socks ( Coops ) and Sammie shot that day. Was it the year when Coops won it? That would be 2004 I think?

    How are you?
    Last edited by bozzer; 13-01-2018 at 10:14 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    3,555
    Quote Originally Posted by badgeroy View Post
    Is there anybody on here that remembers back about 18 years ago ukhft being held at Millride is it the same Millride country sports that now exists? Cheers Roy
    No they are just the land owners.
    It was run by http://www.millrideftc.org.uk/ 2004 would be about right though held one a couple of years back and may be interested in hosting again, contact them.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Littlehampton West Sussex
    Posts
    2,118
    Quote Originally Posted by bozzer View Post
    Hello mate

    The back is about the same. I just learned to live with it. I don't notice it as much these days due to the knee, the shoulder, the dodgy eyes.

    I shot quite a bit back then at Millride. I'm sure I was at the UKAHFT shoot there that you are talking about. Is that the one that Terry Doe turned up to? I remember shooting a HFT at Millride and staying in my caravan on the carpark. I'm sure old pink socks ( Coops ) and Sammie shot that day. Was it the year when Coops won it? That would be 2004 I think?

    How are you?
    Unfortunatly this comes to us all as we get older mate same here but you just get on with it.
    You are right that was the meet i was thinkig about, Supermick caravan'ed there and If i remember correctly LeeG's dog locked him out of his caravan, it was the Terry Doe one myself and son camped along with a couple of others temp went down to minus 1, also shot another one there when Kenny Weddel and all the jocks came down, good old days cheers Roy
    Cheers
    Roy
    badgeroy
    And i'll answer to anything else.

    If a politician told me he was lying i would'nt believe him.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Newcastle-under-Lyme
    Posts
    3,425
    Quote Originally Posted by hareng View Post
    No they are just the land owners.
    It was run by http://www.millrideftc.org.uk/ 2004 would be about right though held one a couple of years back and may be interested in hosting again, contact them.
    I presumed Roy just meant is it the same venue. I know no details of the owner history.

    Millride is a fantastic venue. Massive flat car park. Indoor toilets and a café in the brick clubhouse. A wooded area and loads of open space to put targets out in the open. You can be sitting in the wood and feel quite sheltered but the wind at the targets at the far end of the wood is rushing around. I loved shooting there all those years ago.

    Roy

    I remember being glad I'd driven the caravan down as I remember the lads that camped in tents looked pretty cold early the next morning. Pretty snug in the van with the gas heater on.

    They were good days mate. If you shot with Coops you had time to walk the couple of hundred yards over to the clubhouse, order a bacon butty and a cup of tea, wait for it to be made, eat the butty, drink the tea, call in the loos, and still be back at the peg before Ol' Pink Socks had taken his prone shot. He did shoot well though that year ... and won it like I say.

    LeeG ... What a character. I hosted a shoot near Bramshall in Staffs ( not the most safety conscious shoot ... but I was stitched up ). It was named George Vs The Dragon as it was England Vs Wales. It was freezing overnight. Early the next morning ( morn of the shoot ) it was snowing. Lee had camped overnight. He came wandering towards the bacon butty bar through the snow in just his camo trousers and boots. No top. Not a pretty sight. I think that was the first sighting of Blue T!ts in Bramshall for 30 years. Great bloke.
    Last edited by bozzer; 14-01-2018 at 09:59 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    3,555
    Its the same place they develop, look after and maintain the ground the last 31 years from Millride Country Sports. Theres a small gun shop there now as well.
    Courses are on a Saturday and have a few hfters attend. Weekdays and Sundays theres a covered plinking range bring your own targets and pay Millride Country Sports, 20 red resetters left out for plinking and some white spinners in the wood.

    2004 was 6 years after the best part of the ground was lost to the quarry, about 40 yards. Last 6 years its sheltered from the quarry with thick pine like bushes, virtually 1/3 of what it used to be for wind.
    Still some drain pipe tunnels and platforms NE Phil put in the field from that day in 2004.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •