Thread: Millride country sports

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hareng View Post
    No they are just the land owners.
    It was run by http://www.millrideftc.org.uk/ 2004 would be about right though held one a couple of years back and may be interested in hosting again, contact them.
    I presumed Roy just meant is it the same venue. I know no details of the owner history.

Millride is a fantastic venue. Massive flat car park. Indoor toilets and a café in the brick clubhouse. A wooded area and loads of open space to put targets out in the open. You can be sitting in the wood and feel quite sheltered but the wind at the targets at the far end of the wood is rushing around. I loved shooting there all those years ago.

Roy

I remember being glad I'd driven the caravan down as I remember the lads that camped in tents looked pretty cold early the next morning. Pretty snug in the van with the gas heater on.

They were good days mate. If you shot with Coops you had time to walk the couple of hundred yards over to the clubhouse, order a bacon butty and a cup of tea, wait for it to be made, eat the butty, drink the tea, call in the loos, and still be back at the peg before Ol' Pink Socks had taken his prone shot. He did shoot well though that year ... and won it like I say.

LeeG ... What a character. I hosted a shoot near Bramshall in Staffs ( not the most safety conscious shoot ... but I was stitched up ). It was named George Vs The Dragon as it was England Vs Wales. It was freezing overnight. Early the next morning ( morn of the shoot ) it was snowing. Lee had camped overnight. He came wandering towards the bacon butty bar through the snow in just his camo trousers and boots. No top. Not a pretty sight. I think that was the first sighting of Blue T!ts in Bramshall for 30 years. Great bloke.
    Last edited by bozzer; 14-01-2018 at 09:59 AM.