Thread: Original Model 50 in .22 calibre.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Original Model 50 in .22 calibre.

Original model 50 air rifles never seen one mentioned on BBS ,ever owned on?.
    I had one in the seventies and cannot remember having any problems with it whatsoever and at a loss as to why I sold it.

Have a look in the collectors section, some nice examples knocking around & not too expensive usually.

Im into 50's and have one in each calibre. Well made and very accurate rifles. Look great to my eyes as well.
    There are a few on the major internet gun sales sites also.

Quote Originally Posted by landymick View Post
    Have a look in the collectors section, some nice examples knocking around & not too expensive usually.
    Same here. Quite a few mentions here if your search-fu is strong. Nice rifles. German Airsporter or Webley MkIII, basically (and the MKIII is a direct copy of the pre-war Diana 45 that inspired the post-war 50). I have a 70s one, would prefer a 50s one, with much handwork and a fancy aperture sight - say a 50M.

Check out Garvin's vintage Diana gallery and the Dianawerk forum for more details.

I have a few... ok perhaps that's an understatement

I think the 12 ft/lbs limit is the issue in the UK, everyone wants guns that run 11.9997 ft/lbs... and a 50 won't do that.

Worth a lot more money in Germany, where the normal 8ft/lbs, perhaps 10 ft/lbs during a concurrent solar and lunar eclipse, well over the "Frei" (licence free) limit of 5.5 ft/lbs but still "Frei" because they are old, makes them very desirable.

Older ones even the very simple "E" models are very elegant indeed, there is a particular purity to their lines and simplicity.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

They kinda lost it with the quest for power and the 50TO1.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    They kinda lost it with the quest for power and the 50TO1.
    I hates that gun.

Thumbs up

Here's a few pics of a young lad in a very remote part of the Highlands some years ago struggling like crazy with an Original mod50, .177cal..

I had a word with his dad and ended up doing a trade for my King Ratcatcher, It fitted him perfectly!

I had a mod50 type 01 too which was lovely rifle, The trigger was superb!! Alas I let it go when another lad wanted it, Wish i'd told him to beggar orf now

It's farthest right in this pic..

I've three 50's and another in bits, I'm hoping that the type 01 will be coming back to me even though i'm supposed to be culling my collection!!

John
    Last edited by johnbaz; 12-01-2018 at 11:29 PM. Reason: cuz eye karnt spel proply innit!!
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/