I had 2 scopes break on me last year, bit unfortunate, but both were 2nd hand, but the manufactures claimed "forever" warranties.

First was a Vortex, in less than 12 hours they had committed to replacing the scope with a new (upgrade) recieved about a week later. amazing service, glad I have other Vortex scopes that I bought new and know they are protected to the same excellent level.

Second was a Burris. Same "forever" warranty, but unfortunately the UK importer didnt want to know. This can cause problems for most as commercially shipping a scope "out" of the USA can have its issues, never mind duty etc at re-import if you dont do the paperwork correctly. Fortunately I have a friend in the USA who shipped the scope into Burris for me, being a US citizen, Burris had no issue sorting him out, but it still took over 3 months!
So 2 weeks after the return, my friend visits UK with my repaired scope in his bags, probably 5 months all in.

Im about to make a new big scope purchase soon, and unfortunately cant afford the Vortex Golden Eagle and I need an FT scope, so question is, what FT scope manufactures are Vortex, what are Burris, and who should I avoid!

Cheers!