Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walther CP3 - problem with co2

Walther CP3 - problem with co2

Hi All

Last night put co2 cylinder in fridge to cool down.

Topped up with 53g of co2.

First shot at 10m... full power, next two shots more of a phut and barely made it to the target, so we assumed a seal had gone. Tried again at home, v low on power, so went to bed thinking pistol needs resealing.

Tried tonight and working fine, retrieved a pellet from target holder and compared with one from my Morini, virtually the same, so power looks about the same.

I’m new to co2 pistols, so any advice welcome.

have the seals been changed? and if so were the correct type used, They're a pretty basic design but being CO2 need to have seals of the correct material, CO2 will react with Viton and Nitrile etc causing it to swell, this may then restrict air flow,
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Nige, what is the correct material for the Co2 seals ?
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by vbull View Post
    Nige, what is the correct material for the Co2 seals ?
    Polyurethane?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Discocom,

It might be worth sending a PM to Mr. Amatruda (user-name Lawrie Amatruda, here on 'BBS).

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

If you overfill it can cause problems.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Polyurethane?
    yep spot on, some of the smaller ones where I was unable to get Polyurethane I used silicon as well which worked fine, I did also make a new valve seal from nylon, that was 3 years ago and the pistol is still all good, I sold it to a friend and he still uses it on a regular basis. Really easy to strip and with the age of them a seal kit would be well worth doing, Protek may actually have a full kit in stock which will save you searching for the sizes.

If you have a spare cylinder try that also as it is possible it is the cylinder that has the fault not the pistol, again this will most likely be no more than a strip/clean and seal, there really isn't that much to go very wrong on them.

Nige
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Make sure that you have put the cylinder on tightly enough. If you just screw it on till the valve opens and 'grabs' the cylinder,it will not maintain pressure and give you low power shots. Don't over tighten, but it needs to be nipped up hand tight.

If you need to reseal and can do it yourself try here:http://www.altecweb.com/home.asp?cat=RangeB05

Many thanks for all the advice. I wonder if the cylinder was slightly overfilled, which caused the problem as working fine now.

I have a second cylinder but need to replace the seal as old one was hard and came out in bits.

Does the seal need to be a green one, as my understanding is that it has to be resistant to co2?

Yes you need to use a seal of the correct material. I got mine from Protek supplies
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Quote Originally Posted by Discocom View Post
    Many thanks for all the advice. I wonder if the cylinder was slightly overfilled, which caused the problem as working fine now.

I have a second cylinder but need to replace the seal as old one was hard and came out in bits.

Does the seal need to be a green one, as my understanding is that it has to be resistant to co2?
    The colour's not important, Seals are often coloured for the industry they are used in (ie green/blue are often used in the food trade) you will need either polyurethane or Silicon for CO2, If the seal is to be moved on a regular basis (ie Cylinder to pistol seal) you will need Polyurethane as silicon will be too soft. Protek may have some but failing that Kent Bearings and Seals in Rochester or Seal Force, You'll get a pack of 10 for about the same price as one from Walther, Brand/colour isn't important at all, an O ring is an O ring as long as it's the correct material & size.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,

Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
    The colour's not important, Seals are often coloured for the industry they are used in (ie green/blue are often used in the food trade) you will need either polyurethane or Silicon for CO2, If the seal is to be moved on a regular basis (ie Cylinder to pistol seal) you will need Polyurethane as silicon will be too soft. Protek may have some but failing that Kent Bearings and Seals in Rochester or Seal Force, You'll get a pack of 10 for about the same price as one from Walther, Brand/colour isn't important at all, an O ring is an O ring as long as it's the correct material & size.
    What Nige said is correct about aftermarket suppliers. Had good experience with Seal Force - you can find them *b*y

it is all very well to say go to a o ring stockist but what size are the correct ones. Size is perhaps the most important thing
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

These are the sizes you'll need

Valve seal 6.0 x 2 xxxx OPN 2490021
    Bolt 4.0 x 1 OPN 2472309
    Barrel seals 9.0 x 1.5 OPN 2472295
    Cylinder Seal 14.0 x 3 xxxx OPN 2459817
    Cylinder fitting 15.0 x 2 OPN 2476266

OPN = Original part number
    xxxx = These must be Polyurethane as in constant CO2 contact
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    it is all very well to say go to a o ring stockist but what size are the correct ones. Size is perhaps the most important thing
    My missus say's size ain't important

All sizes and part numbers added to thread
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,