Page 83 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 3515

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Vigilante

The wife reports that her friend's family are loving the Vigilante.

Next step, get them signed up for The Bash.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    If there's one thing I love, it's a challenge.

Resistance is futile, Little Pauly. You'll be lovingly caressing one in no time at all.
    What about the feinwerkbau though?

Chris x

VR46 sleepies to go, peeps!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    What about the feinwerkbau though?

Chris x
    Yes, the FWB as well, Chris.

FAO aitch2o

Hi Paul, following your visit to Quigley Hollow yesterday, Jim has deleted your troublesome old BBS account to clear the way for you to re-register under your previous aich2o username.

It was great seeing you again, and I hope you had a safe journey home.

All the best Mick

Only three moles today Jamie, I'm working in the gun shop again Saturday what's that gun you wanted me to look out for ?
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Blimey you lot, leave a few moles for the rest of us

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Only three moles today Jamie, I'm working in the gun shop again Saturday what's that gun you wanted me to look out for ?

Is that with Rob?
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Nice one re the furry critters, Dave.

Working in the gun shop? You lucky man. Is this a regular or occasional thing, matey?

I managed to get that overdue plink in today!

The day started with a slight panic when I suddenly thought, "The Fiesta MOT must be about due". When I checked, it expired yesterday. Luckily, I rang my local, friendly mechanic man and he said he could do it straight away. So drove it up to him and walked into town to do a few bits.

Once home and sorted, the cats were duly lobbed outside. Shooting from the kitchen into the hallway gives me a nice, cosy 11 yards range.

Dunno if you boys can remember, but I'm quite fond of the little Gamo Vipermax which I was given last Spring. And that was today's toy, mainly as it's the quickest one to get out.

I'd be extremely wary of the Gamo models with the synthetic breech arrangement, but I do feel that these steel ones are a little underrated and get a hard time from some. When I got it last year, it cocked smoothly but Boinged like a mad frenzied thing, although recoil was mild and sight picture disturbance minimal.

If many of you have used your boingers indoors, they always seem to boing more (if you have a boingy boinger), compared to shooting them outdoors. Now, I've always said that this needs to come apart to de-boing it, but you know what? The boing has lessened. I think that when it came to me it had had hardly any use. So maybe as it's running itself in it's just sweetening itself up. To the point where I might well leave it as is for now. Even the trigger, although no Rekord or CD, is getting better and is entirely usable and predictable.

And that minimal sight picture disturbance I mentioned really helps with follow through. From the first shot, they were all dropping into a circle no bigger than 10mm with effortless ease. And you know once you get into that zone? You know, where you just click and hardly have to try? Well, that's what the little Spaniard was doing. Only had about 70 or 80 shots, with every one putting a smile on my face, with only the one flyer. I'd called this anyway, as it wasn't exactly well lit down the hallway and the sight picture went a bit milky and blurred for that shot. A quick breather soon sorted the dodgy vision out.

So, all in all, a most enjoyable and therapeutic little session. I made sure to thank the missus for allowing me the time and pointed out how chilled it had made me feel, planting that little seed so that she might say, "Oh, just go and have half an hour's boingering therapy" more often!

And if you boys ever get the chance of a cheap Gamo 440 type rifle in good nick, welcome it into your collection with open arms!

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Hi Paul, following your visit to Quigley Hollow yesterday, Jim has deleted your troublesome old BBS account to clear the way for you to re-register under your previous aich2o username.

It was great seeing you again, and I hope you had a safe journey home.

All the best Mick
    Hey Mick, are you accepting visitors?

I'm travelling from Peterborough to Cardiff tomorrw afternoon! Should be passing quite near to you!
    Any chance of a cuppa?

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Is that with Rob?
    Yes and no. Rob is off so I'm helping out

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Yes and no. Rob is off so I'm helping out
    Have a dig around for any wierd stuff for me please.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Have a dig around for any wierd stuff for me please.
    I have your number mate

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post
    Hey Mick, are you accepting visitors?

I'm travelling from Peterborough to Cardiff tomorrw afternoon! Should be passing quite near to you!
    Any chance of a cuppa?
    You're welcome to drop in Graham, the kettle's always on here.

If I'm not in the house, I'll be in the workshop.

All the best Mick