Page 145 of 235 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 3515

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    From bitter experience Mike if the whiplash gets very painful go to someone who can do acupuncture. The only thing that would help mine
    My experience also, Pete.

After lots of visits to the GP and NHS physio I was getting nowhere. Then, about a year and a half after my last smash, through the NHS, I was referred to a pain management team. These visits took place at my local hospital. Initially they just covered relaxation techniques. But then I had six visits with an Accupuncture chap. I was really sceptical and my expectations were very low.

At the first visit, we had a bit of a chat and he explained that he did the traditional type of therapy. No bullshit or over-inflated promises and explained that it would only work if my body wanted to heal itself. Now, before I walked in the room, my neck, shoulders and arms killed. After this first visit I felt like I was floating on air! NO PAIN WHATSOEVER! By the next visit, there was a little pain, maybe 10% of the original? From visits four onwards I had no pain at all, even in between visits. Sorted! I remained totally pain free for about 9 months after the treatment finished.

Gradually the pain returned after that point. I went back to the GP and asked for more accupuncture. This they booked for me, but at the hospital and done by nurses. And it was the "Westernised" version, where they actually stick the needles in the affected area, unlike the traditional Chinese version. It had bugger all effect whatsoever and even the nurses conceded that it is nowhere near as powerful as the Chinese version.

Since then, I've got worse and worse. I'd love to be able to see that first chappy. He does practice privately from Nottingham, but I think it's about £50 a go and a 60 miles round trip. I can't afford this at the moment, otherwise I'd be certainly visiting him again.

When you talk to different people, it becomes quite apparent that different treatments seem to suit different people and that what works for one doesn't necessarily work for the next person.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Yep, I was going to say that I'll wager that the whiplash effects would be felt much more today, Mike. Now, if you're really, REALLY lucky, they'll subside in a few days. But could be months. Or years! The problem with this type of claim is the aforementioned "invisible" nature and the fact that so many tossers over the years made fraudulent claims, adversely affecting people making genuine claims.

Do you think the car will be written off? Guessing it will be? So that's another pain in the backside. Yes, you'll be able to claim the uninsured losses from the third party (like your policy excess), but may suffer a loss on the purchase price of the car. Great, especially when it's not your fault, Eh? Did you by any chance have GAP Insurance?

Make sure you claim for anything you properly can, mate, including Rachel's glasses.

Thank God that you're all okay (ish) and I wish you all a speedy recovery and the very, very best wishes from us all here.

And, yes, make sure the next one's another Boinger and not a pffter.......

P.S.....Also, re the car, as it'll be a no fault claim, ask your insurance company to get the third party insurance company to supply a courtesy car (assuming Rachel will want to drive once she's confident enough to), unless you were already aware of this.
    We probably will get a courtesy car although we have my car as a back up if necessary. Once we know the amount from the insurance I will probably chop my Celica in as I hardly use it and it costs around 700 a year to keep. As for boingers and pffffters, due to potential ribbing on here it will definitely be another boinger if I get one.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Last there two weeks ago, first time this year. I was set to visit one day last week but something cropped up.
    I'll fit a session this coming week for sure as I want to run in my "blinged-up" HW 50/Wee Simmo combo and a Fenman thats proving a little temperamental !

I'll do the "coffee pop-in" also sometime, thanks !
    Have fun with the little '50, John.

And you're welcome anytime, as are any of my fine Boingerpeeps.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    From bitter experience Mike if the whiplash gets very painful go to someone who can do acupuncture. The only thing that would help mine
    cheers Pete,

I think Rachel may possibly need further treatment. I got away pretty lightly in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    cheers Pete,

I think Rachel may possibly need further treatment. I got away pretty lightly in comparison.
    I think they'll normally advise to just rest and take painkillers in the short term whilst the tissue repairs itself a little and the soreness subsides and then consider remedial treatments.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    We probably will get a courtesy car although we have my car as a back up if necessary. Once we know the amount from the insurance I will probably chop my Celica in as I hardly use it and it costs around 700 a year to keep. As for boingers and pffffters, due to potential ribbing on here it will definitely be another boinger if I get one.

cheers
    You are learning young Mike, won't be long now and you will be trading in the evil PCPs for nice wholesome springers
    Pete

cheers
    Sorry to hear about the smash Mike. Hope it's all sorted quickly for you and Rachel makes a swift recovery.

cheers
    The way around it is this. Buy one of each to cancel out any evil, but then because you've essentially not bought any new guns, you buy another boinger

Quote Originally Posted by Willenium View Post
    Sorry to hear about the smash Mike. Hope it's all sorted quickly for you and Rachel makes a swift recovery.

The way around it is this. Buy one of each to cancel out any evil, but then because you've essentially not bought any new guns, you buy another boinger :)
    Cheers Will,

Now this is perfect logic.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Neither, Paul.

With this illness my brain is fully occupied all the time keeping me upright, so if I do any work I have to think about I overload my brain, get a Migraine and have to lie down.

Fortunately the job of making hydraulic Jack legs for boats, which I'm doing now, is very dull and boring and having now made 60 I can make them without thinking --- so it's good physiotherapy and I get keep my customer happy.
    Well it’s good you can keep busy whilst not overloading the brain mate. Always makes me smile when you talk about boats with legs
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Well it’s good you can keep busy whilst not overloading the brain mate. Always makes me smile when you talk about boats with legs
    Few girls like that over Plymouth way Paul.
    Best thing to do when they get like that is scuttle them.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Have fun with the little '50, John.

And you're welcome anytime, as are any of my fine Boingerpeeps.
    Mine'll be a Flat White Tone !
    “An airgun or two”………

And The Sleepometer says........

Just 19 to go for the Saturday peeps.

Blimey, getting nearlier, nearly there or what?

Just need this weather to improve now..

BOING!

We are definitely feeling the effects of the whiplash today and I think Rachel is pretty stunned to have woken up in such a mess to be honest.
    How are we feeling today, peeps?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    RAF! This cold has knocked me for six.
    On the plus side I just got a text from my little bruvva, he's in Korea and getting married tomorrow. He's just told me I'm going to be an Uncle in August!
    The medical staff can't legally say whether its a boy or girl, but the nurse said she could "see a missile!"

That runs in the family then!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

A bit sore today mate. Amazing how it takes a day or two to materialise. Jacks absolutely fine thankfully.

cheers