Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Paul, grind the bread bait into crumbs, that way the gulls/maggies etc. can't pick up the bits easily giving you a lile more time to make a kill.
    I normally do John but with an inch of snow I thought bigger chunks would be spotted more easily ? Sometimes I put out big chunks of bread and soak them in water so they break off in bits when grabbed which helps keep the birds on the ground longer but today I reckon they would have frozen solid in minutes if I’d soaked them
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    I get a crust of bread and stick a tent peg through it to pin it down
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    I get a crust of bread and stick a tent peg through it to pin it down
    I tried that with my tent at the Bash but it still got picked up in one go
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Well it's a mixed feelings thing up here in the lakes. The snow has totally buggered the original plan. Tonight we should have had the pleasure of Gwyn and Angela staying with us, plus the captain. However we are slightly snowed in (like a lot), bongo got through, but not sure how he will get home as its been snowing again all evening.
    Windemere is almost drunk dry but hopefully supplies will be able to get through again tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Well it's a mixed feelings thing up here in the lakes. The snow has totally buggered the original plan. Tonight we should have had the pleasure of Gwyn and Angela staying with us, plus the captain. However we are slightly snowed in (like a lot), bongo got through, but not sure how he will get home as its been snowing again all evening.
    Windemere is almost drunk dry but hopefully supplies will be able to get through again tomorrow.
    Probably a wise move that Mr and Mrs Slinger didn’t make a potentially treacherous journey I hope the supplies get through for you though, perhaps The Cleary’s could fax you some ? Or better still, fill a Grit lorry with Cleary juice and send it up to The Lakes - that’ll clear anything

As for Bongo ‘getting home’.. he is home ! He’s with you and Mel May pop up tomorrow myself

We've got bugger all snow in Eastbourne. Its really disappointing

Don't be disappointed, Mike.....it's a bloody pain!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Rabbits, Rabbits, Rabbits!

And dirty great big white rabbits at that!

Meteorological start of Spring, eh?

But at least next month is Bash month......yay!

37 to go, peeps.

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

I'm glad everyones made it back from trips etc amidst all this chaotic weather. We finally had about half an inch this afternoon and when I got home from work had a snowball fight with my little lad and other half which was fun. Also managed to make a snowman which having taken up virtually all the snow from the front and back garden stood a towering 3 ft tall.

Shame Gwyn and Angela couldn't make it, Jamie, but, like Pauly says, maybe better not to risk it.

Did the supplies come through okay?

Give everyone a big cuddle and Steve a big, sloppy smacker on the forehead!

Love to all xxxxxx

BOING!

Yup, The Mrs & I are extremely gutted too. Hoping the Cap'n makes it home OK. Then on Friday Jamie & Mel have to get from Bowness to deepest Cornwal with the 'Beast from the East' still breathing big winds & snow aplenty. An 8 hour drive in normal conditions I guess.

I know they'll be anxious to get back to their livestock, but if they need it, there's a warm halfway house here......including some Saphire gin Mel!

Best laid plans eh?

ATB
    Gwyn
    Seize the Day! Quigley Hollow is a great place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by slinger69 View Post
    Yup, The Mrs & I are extremely gutted too. Hoping the Cap'n makes it home OK. Then on Friday Jamie & Mel have to get from Bowness to deepest Cornwal with the 'Beast from the East' still breathing big winds & snow aplenty. An 8 hour drive in normal conditions I guess.

I know they'll be anxious to get back to their livestock, but if they need it, there's a warm halfway house here......including some Saphire gin Mel!

Best laid plans eh?

ATB
    Gwyn
    The trip from hell.
    Not nice getting from windemere to tewkesbury, bit still managed to get to Exeter in five hours, then everything was closed down with snow. Stuck sitting around in the services for 19 hours, finally made a break for it and was home in an hour! Still very nasty, but steady as she goes and we got home without further incident.
    Never again.

The trip from hell.
    Not nice getting from windemere to tewkesbury, bit still managed to get to Exeter in five hours, then everything was closed down with snow. Stuck sitting around in the services for 19 hours, finally made a break for it and was home in an hour! Still very nasty, but steady as she goes and we got home without further incident.
    Never again.
    Glad you're both back in one piece. The 'red zone' snow warning (50cm overnight) was forecast for the SW of England last night, so getting back home's an achievement.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    The trip from hell.
    Never again.
    Crikey O'Riley! I thought I had it bad popping to Morrisons!

I did see some idiot who'd put his snow-plough on the wrong end of his car.
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Having worked all day today when I arrived home I finished building my master mini potato cannon. Constructed from 22mm pipe to form the stock/air chamber into a 15mm barrel via a 22mm full flow lever valve and a shrader valve for filling up via my cycling stirrup pump. First test was a standard nerf dart fire under a pressure of 80 psi. Impressively made it through both sides of a Weetabix box . Second test was a potato pumped up to 110psi which is about the max for my pump. Holy S**T is all I can say. With the nice snug fit of an inch long cylinder of potato rammed down the barrel the power was unbelievable. Tomorrow me and mini me will be conducting further daylight testing