Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
Yep, I was going to say that I'll wager that the whiplash effects would be felt much more today, Mike. Now, if you're really, REALLY lucky, they'll subside in a few days. But could be months. Or years! The problem with this type of claim is the aforementioned "invisible" nature and the fact that so many tossers over the years made fraudulent claims, adversely affecting people making genuine claims.

Do you think the car will be written off? Guessing it will be? So that's another pain in the backside. Yes, you'll be able to claim the uninsured losses from the third party (like your policy excess), but may suffer a loss on the purchase price of the car. Great, especially when it's not your fault, Eh? Did you by any chance have GAP Insurance?

Make sure you claim for anything you properly can, mate, including Rachel's glasses.

Thank God that you're all okay (ish) and I wish you all a speedy recovery and the very, very best wishes from us all here.

And, yes, make sure the next one's another Boinger and not a pffter.......

P.S.....Also, re the car, as it'll be a no fault claim, ask your insurance company to get the third party insurance company to supply a courtesy car (assuming Rachel will want to drive once she's confident enough to), unless you were already aware of this.
We probably will get a courtesy car although we have my car as a back up if necessary. Once we know the amount from the insurance I will probably chop my Celica in as I hardly use it and it costs around 700 a year to keep. As for boingers and pffffters, due to potential ribbing on here it will definitely be another boinger if I get one.

cheers