Page 84 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 3515

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I managed to get that overdue plink in today!

The day started with a slight panic when I suddenly thought, "The Fiesta MOT must be about due". When I checked, it expired yesterday. Luckily, I rang my local, friendly mechanic man and he said he could do it straight away. So drove it up to him and walked into town to do a few bits.

Once home and sorted, the cats were duly lobbed outside. Shooting from the kitchen into the hallway gives me a nice, cosy 11 yards range.

Dunno if you boys can remember, but I'm quite fond of the little Gamo Vipermax which I was given last Spring. And that was today's toy, mainly as it's the quickest one to get out.

I'd be extremely wary of the Gamo models with the synthetic breech arrangement, but I do feel that these steel ones are a little underrated and get a hard time from some. When I got it last year, it cocked smoothly but Boinged like a mad frenzied thing, although recoil was mild and sight picture disturbance minimal.

If many of you have used your boingers indoors, they always seem to boing more (if you have a boingy boinger), compared to shooting them outdoors. Now, I've always said that this needs to come apart to de-boing it, but you know what? The boing has lessened. I think that when it came to me it had had hardly any use. So maybe as it's running itself in it's just sweetening itself up. To the point where I might well leave it as is for now. Even the trigger, although no Rekord or CD, is getting better and is entirely usable and predictable.

And that minimal sight picture disturbance I mentioned really helps with follow through. From the first shot, they were all dropping into a circle no bigger than 10mm with effortless ease. And you know once you get into that zone? You know, where you just click and hardly have to try? Well, that's what the little Spaniard was doing. Only had about 70 or 80 shots, with every one putting a smile on my face, with only the one flyer. I'd called this anyway, as it wasn't exactly well lit down the hallway and the sight picture went a bit milky and blurred for that shot. A quick breather soon sorted the dodgy vision out.

So, all in all, a most enjoyable and therapeutic little session. I made sure to thank the missus for allowing me the time and pointed out how chilled it had made me feel, planting that little seed so that she might say, "Oh, just go and have half an hour's boingering therapy" more often!

And if you boys ever get the chance of a cheap Gamo 440 type rifle in good nick, welcome it into your collection with open arms!
    Sounds like a great day Tone. I'm looking forward to a little plink at the weekend hopefully!!!

Thanks Mick,

I'll look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

Can't give you a time though, Have to take my Niece from Yorkshire to Peterborough, and leave her there with her boyfriend. Then i'm off to my daughters in Cardiff to see the grandkids, and........
    fit her a new bathroom suite while i'm there

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post
    Thanks Mick,

I'll look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

:
    Give Uncle Mick a hug for me, Graham.

And nip over to the field and give our hallowed turf a kiss.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Sounds like a great day Tone. I'm looking forward to a little plink at the weekend hopefully!!!
    Excellent; here's hoping that you do, Mike.

How's the little fella doing?

I'll see if I can get another sesh in, too.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Excellent; here's hoping that you do, Mike.

How's the little fella doing?

I'll see if I can get another sesh in, too.
    He's improved a bit now thanks mate. We've had a couple of horrible nights with the intense itching and him screaming most of the night but it seems to be subsiding now with any luck. Hoping for a good nights sleep ready for a days plastering tomorrow

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Evening all. Money sent. See you there. Will bring my faithful -- and recently returned (thanks John) -- stage II tuned SFS .177 Brum-bow and maybe one or two others.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Evening all. Money sent. See you there. Will bring my faithful -- recently returned -- stage II tuned SFS .177 Brum-bow and maybe one or two others.
    Fantastic! I'm looking forward to meeting you.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post

Likewise. You'll easily recognise me, matey, as I will be the one cuddling a Longbow, and wearing a "BBS POST OF THE CENTURY" T-shirt.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    He's improved a bit now thanks mate. We've had a couple of horrible nights with the intense itching and him screaming most of the night but it seems to be subsiding now with any luck. Hoping for a good nights sleep ready for a days plastering tomorrow
    Great to hear that he's improving, Mike, and don't you be getting too plastered today!

Evening all. Money sent. See you there. Will bring my faithful -- and recently returned (thanks John) -- stage II tuned SFS .177 Brum-bow and maybe one or two others.
    Likewise. You'll easily recognise me, matey, as I will be the one cuddling a Longbow, and wearing a "BBS POST OF THE CENTURY" T-shirt.
    This is absolutely fantastic news, Gareth, and I very much look forward to meeting you and your lovely toys.

A very warm welcome to The Fellowship of Quigley Hollow.

45 sleepies to go, peeps.

And a month until the Spring Equinox.

BOING!

Edit :- I've just checked and the Spring Equinox occurs on the 20th March......so, less than a month to go! Happy days!
    Last edited by TonyL; 21-02-2018 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Equinox Date

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Bring some steps tinners, you'll never make eye contact otherwise. NewPaul can sit on your shoulders.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

45 sleepies to go, peeps.

And a month until the Spring Equinox.

BOING!

Edit :- I've just checked and the Spring Equinox occurs on the 20th March......so, less than a month to go! Happy days!
    Excellent stuff.....Boinger bash now well and truly in sight!!!!

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Looking ahead, will the autumn bash be in October again? We have just booked up the holiday for the beginning of November
    Pete

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Bring some steps tinners, you'll never make eye contact otherwise. NewPaul can sit on your shoulders.

Dave
    Rude!

Anyway, I have a suspicion Gareth went to Moulsham Road school, so we'll probably have to go to Chelmer park for a scrap!
    God rest ye jelly mental men