Page 89 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 3515

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Good man Craig, the campfires been dwindling a bit of late with hotels and meals out just lately.

Dave
    More room around the fire equates to more room for me to move around freely, equating to less chance of me tripping and falling into the ditch and becoming impaled on barbed wire, which in turn means I don't have to keep buying new jackets and anusol.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    I’m very sorry to hear of your loss Ted. It sounds like you and your Dad had some Great Times. My thoughts are with you mate. Look forward to catching up in April.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundshot View Post
    My dear old Dad died yesterday morning aged 93, I'm glad I got there just in time before he went. Old Second War soldier, served 1943-54. Like many of us, I owe my joy in shooting to my father. We were shooting airguns together in his garden till he was 91. Started me off with a Crosman 766 in 1979. Knocked off my first rabbit with him in 1980 in N.Yorks with my Vulcan, whilst he had a Feinwerkbau Sport 124. I've just toasted his revered memory with a large shot of rum. Looking forward to the April Bash. All the best, Ted.
    So sorry to hear this Ted. My thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time
    Pete

Well, I've got some time on my hands now. This week I managed to detach a retina and had surgery courtesy of the NHS. Now starts two weeks of recuperation where I have to spend the first week in set posture (I now have a gas bubble inserted in my eye - at least I can tell when I'm level). Driving's out, but luckily it happened now and not the end of March. At least I've got something to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Well, I've got some time on my hands now. This week I managed to detach a retina and had surgery courtesy of the NHS. Now starts two weeks of recuperation where I have to spend the first week in set posture (I now have a gas bubble inserted in my eye - at least I can tell when I'm level). Driving's out, but luckily it happened now and not the end of March. At least I've got something to look forward to.
    Ouch, here's to a speedy recovery mate
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Well that was bloody daft! How did you manage that? (Ouch by the way, very ouch!)
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Well that was bloody daft! How did you manage that? (Ouch by the way, very ouch!)
    Nothing more violent than jumping into the van, thought I saw a flash of sunlight, followed by some black dots in my sightline. A trip to the opticians later and I ended up in the emergency eye dept, followed by surgery the next morning. Luckily (!!) it's my left eye. So, bored rigid already, I just had a very, very small plinking session with a pcp (no recoil). I still missed, so luckily no change there

Nothing more violent than jumping into the van, thought I saw a flash of sunlight, followed by some black dots in my sightline. A trip to the opticians later and I ended up in the emergency eye dept, followed by surgery the next morning. Luckily (!!) it's my left eye. So, bored rigid already, I just had a very, very small plinking session with a pcp (no recoil). I still missed, so luckily no change there

Doh! Get well soon

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Get well soon Mark
    Pete

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    new jackets and anusol.
    Was the anusol required for barbed wire wounds or some unscrupulous mackem taking advantage?

I know it couldn't have been NewPaul or tinners, they'd never reach.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Was the anusol required for barbed wire wounds or some unscrupulous mackem taking advantage?

I know it couldn't have been NewPaul or tinners, they'd never reach.

Dave
    Again with the short-ism!

Actually it was Gwyn who leapt to his rescue, although how he thought doing that would help matters is beyond me.

Still, it showed a good reason to keep some of those portion size butter packs in ones pocket at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Again with the short-ism!

Actually it was Gwyn who leapt to his rescue, although how he thought doing that would help matters is beyond me.

Still, it showed a good reason to keep some of those portion size butter packs in ones pocket at all times.
    Eeew that's just nasty! You've been watching "last tango in Paris " again haven't you? Dirty boy!

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

Sincerest condolences Ted.

^^^ this ^^^

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Ouch!

Sorry to hear this, Mark, but here's to a full and speedy recovery. Try and "make the most" of this bad luck and take a well earned rest. And The Bash will be upon us before you know it.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Sorry to hear that Mark. Do you fancy a tenner on ‘best out of five’ on The Bucket in April ?
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22