Page 101 of 235 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3515

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Tomorrow, I shall mostly be bunking off work and going to my permission, I have a cunning plan to take out some crows, the place is infested with them and it’s amazing how much bread they take from horses in the field. The bleeders know me and go mental when I turn up but I’ve found a nice little gap from inside a barn that just might do the trick. If I get two or three I’ll be lucky.

If we get a settling of snow, I’ll also be able to see the rat runs if they venture out too Mmmm, S410 with HW95 as back up methinks
    Ah, If you normally go there wearing camo gear, Paul. --- don't.

Corvids love hens eggs, you only need to break one, stick the rest out whole.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

Corvids love hens eggs, you only need to break one, stick the rest out whole.
    I could grab a couple from the chicken run. Just put them on the field do you reckon ? Or build a little ‘nest’ out of twigs on the ground with them in ?? Will they spot a broken egg in the grass ? (albeit not long grass at the mo)
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

Page #100 if you're in default style.
    ... and half way down page 38 if on the 40 posts per page setting.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Ooh, look at 'dat.

Page #100 if you're in default style.

39 to go, Happy Peeps.

BOING!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    ... and half way down page 38 if on the 40 posts per page setting.
    Bless him, I’ve tried Gareth but he just don’t like it
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Yep, a severe cutting back has been done. I'm right down to a couple of PCP's six or seven springers, some co2, a pumper, SSP, gas ram and a handful of pistols.
    Even so, I figured the Steyr would be one of the last to go. Still got the HW100/CS800?

I could grab a couple from the chicken run. Just put them on the field do you reckon ? Or build a little ‘nest’ out of twigs on the ground with them in ?? Will they spot a broken egg in the grass ? (albeit not long grass at the mo)
    You could take a little stove with you, and make an omelette for them Paul!

It'll keep your hands warm cooking it

Just reading your reply again. No, I don’t wear camouflage Mick but I do tend to wear the same coat with rifle slung over my shoulder ? I know crows are very intelligent and can apparently recognise a human for up to two years. I think my grey/white (read that as very sexy silvery Fox) hair and glasses are a giveaway ?? They really do know when I turn up !

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Yep, a severe cutting back has been done. I'm right down to a couple of PCP's six or seven springers, some co2, a pumper, SSP, gas ram and a handful of pistols.
    If you've been reducing the number of boingers in your inventory, Nick......stop now; boingers are for keeps, okay?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

Do you know what Graham ? That sounds like good sense mate but I’ll eat the omelette to keep me warm

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Sprinkling here, praying for heavy overnight snow so I get out of phone cover tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    about half an inch here, but what is really bizarre is just 10 miles up the road in Heathfiled had 4 inches and a couple of roads impassable.
    We had bits on and off earlier in the day. Some quite heavy. Then it'd stop, the sun came out and after 20 minutes or so, all gone!

Around four-ish, Bremby wanted out and wouldn't be taking "no" for an answer. It was like full blizzard conditions and huge flakes. When we walked back in, the kids named her "snow dog" as she had a big thick white coat of the minging stuff. Dried her off, brushed her and gave her some big cuddles. Five minutes after we got back in it had stopped!

Got a bit more a couple of hours ago and it's hanging around now and more to come overnight, apparently.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Nice report there Tone even though I ain’t got a clue what you’re on about. Boinger folk come up trumps as usual

Things are looking good for you these days - decent job, fettling time with the Missus and a possible plink today !!
    Yep, much better these days, Pauly.

Today went a bit pear shaped though, matey. The boiler man visit took up most of the morning. Then a few things to do. Snow on and off curtailed getting outside with the chrono, so I kinda thought I might get a little hallway plinking in. But then having two of the grand-brats here, Frankie's tutor for four hours and then the mental mum of the grandkids hanging around for ages instead of just collecting them and buggering off bollocksed that up for me.

Never mind, at least I have every Sunday off now.

Bless him, I’ve tried Gareth but he just don’t like it
    Correct.

Result --- two 9.1m X 12m sheets will be with me in the morning.
    Bloody hell, that was fast, I ordered the sheets yesterday afternoon and they arrived at 10 this morning.

And looking through my photos earlier I found some pictures of the first pollytunnel Bash :-

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

Just reading your reply again. No, I don’t wear camouflage Mick but I do tend to wear the same coat with rifle slung over my shoulder ? I know crows are very intelligent and can apparently recognise a human for up to two years. I think my grey/white (read that as very sexy silvery Fox) hair and glasses are a giveaway ?? They really do know when I turn up !
    Do you know what Graham ? That sounds like good sense mate but I’ll eat the omelette to keep me warm
    Easy peasy answer to that then, Pauly.

Grab yourself a nice, white chef's outfit, complete with white hat. That will give you camouflage against the snow and confuse the crafty corvids!

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Bloody hell, that was fast, I ordered the sheets yesterday afternoon and they arrived at 10 this morning.

And looking through my photos earlier I found some pictures of the first pollytunnel Bash :-

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Ahhhh will ya look at that ... Not a poofy puf-gun in sight. BLISS.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.