Page 106 of 235 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 3515

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I'm off to a mate's funeral tomorrow, the church capacity is 125 and there are 600 mourners expected.

I think I better wear thermals.
    Sorry to hear this, Mick.

Try and stay warm though, mate.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Aparently not it would seem, as 6" of snow has seen my secondary school shut, so I have the day off with full pay.
    Mmm.....that was a most "entertaining " drive into work today.......normally about 45 minutes.....this morning two and a half hours!

I normally choose to avoid motorways, but on tonight's drive home I thought I'd stick to the larger roads and motorways....wished I hadn't......The dual carriageway out of Rotherham was lethal. You couldn't see either edge of the road or where the centre was and people were all over the place, despite driving really slowly (apart from the odd tosser going far too quickly and not respecting the conditions.

I thought I'd be okay once we got onto the motorway....no chance. It was thick with snow, like there had been no gritters and it hadn't been looked after. Speed about 20mph Max! Then, when I got onto the A1, it was fairly clear....for about two miles. Then it was bloody dreadful. Again, you couldn't tell where the edges or the middle of the road was. And then a full on blizzard....down to about 5mph! Actually pretty scary, especially as I hate driving in the dark anyway. I came off the A1 earlier than I thought I might and onto one of the back roads which I normally hate.....and it was far better. Through a village about four miles from home and only about 1cm of snow there and for the next three miles. Then into town and thick snow again and our cul de sac is knee deep. Weird in'it?

Can't wait for tomorrow's commute!

Roll on Spring proper and the warm, soothing sanctuary of The Boinger Bash.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Well I went over to the farm, laid out a load of bread (the crows are used to this as it’s often put out for the horses) within about 25 yards of the barn. Popped into the barn to set up for shooting through a small gap in the side of the barn. Then, a squadron of gulls swooped in and took the lot. Laid out more ‘bait’ and the same happened again. The snow got really heavy after that for about an hour and nothing else showed. Never mind, as I’ve always said, it’s just nice being out and about. I spent some time plinking various bits and pieces around inside the barn and went home to curl up in the warm and read a book
    Should have done the omelette and chef's outfit, see, Pauly!

But at least you were out there and doing it, Pauly.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Sorry to hear this, Mick.
    Cheers Tone, Old Alf was a very good friend to me over the years but he was 92 years old, I partnership farm the fields next to Quigley Hollow with his son.

I had hoped to get an early night tonight but I've just spent the last two hours stuck in a pub being interviewed for an Irish Magazine article.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

I had hoped to get an early night tonight but I've just spent the last two hours stuck in a pub being interviewed for an Irish Magazine article.
    The price of fame my friend (or notoriety ). Hope all goes as well as can be expected tomorrow. Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Well I went over to the farm, laid out a load of bread (the crows are used to this as it’s often put out for the horses) within about 25 yards of the barn. Popped into the barn to set up for shooting through a small gap in the side of the barn. Then, a squadron of gulls swooped in and took the lot. Laid out more ‘bait’ and the same happened again. The snow got really heavy after that for about an hour and nothing else showed. Never mind, as I’ve always said, it’s just nice being out and about. I spent some time plinking various bits and pieces around inside the barn and went home to curl up in the warm and read a book
    Paul, grind the bread bait into crumbs, that way the gulls/maggies etc. can't pick up the bits easily giving you a lile more time to make a kill.
    “An airgun or two”………

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Paul, grind the bread bait into crumbs, that way the gulls/maggies etc. can't pick up the bits easily giving you a lile more time to make a kill.
    I normally do John but with an inch of snow I thought bigger chunks would be spotted more easily ? Sometimes I put out big chunks of bread and soak them in water so they break off in bits when grabbed which helps keep the birds on the ground longer but today I reckon they would have frozen solid in minutes if I’d soaked them
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    I get a crust of bread and stick a tent peg through it to pin it down
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    I get a crust of bread and stick a tent peg through it to pin it down
    I tried that with my tent at the Bash but it still got picked up in one go
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Well it's a mixed feelings thing up here in the lakes. The snow has totally buggered the original plan. Tonight we should have had the pleasure of Gwyn and Angela staying with us, plus the captain. However we are slightly snowed in (like a lot), bongo got through, but not sure how he will get home as its been snowing again all evening.
    Windemere is almost drunk dry but hopefully supplies will be able to get through again tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Well it's a mixed feelings thing up here in the lakes. The snow has totally buggered the original plan. Tonight we should have had the pleasure of Gwyn and Angela staying with us, plus the captain. However we are slightly snowed in (like a lot), bongo got through, but not sure how he will get home as its been snowing again all evening.
    Windemere is almost drunk dry but hopefully supplies will be able to get through again tomorrow.
    Probably a wise move that Mr and Mrs Slinger didn’t make a potentially treacherous journey I hope the supplies get through for you though, perhaps The Cleary’s could fax you some ? Or better still, fill a Grit lorry with Cleary juice and send it up to The Lakes - that’ll clear anything

As for Bongo ‘getting home’.. he is home ! He’s with you and Mel May pop up tomorrow myself

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    I tried that with my tent at the Bash but it still got picked up in one go
    Ahhh but the crows at Quigley are special
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    We've got bugger all snow in Eastbourne. Its really disappointing

Don't be disappointed, Mike.....it's a bloody pain!

Rabbits, Rabbits, Rabbits!

And dirty great big white rabbits at that!

Meteorological start of Spring, eh?

But at least next month is Bash month......yay!

37 to go, peeps.

BOING!