Page 107 of 235 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 3515

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    And dirty great big white rabbits at that!

Meteorological start of Spring, eh?

But at least next month is Bash month......yay!

37 to go, peeps.

BOING!
    1 payday to go
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    They are amazing rifles. I've had my 98 for a few weeks now but only properly used it on Sunday at Iden Ferns HFT club. The accuracy is stunning.
    That bodes well for the future then, Mike.

The first '98 I ever had a go with was a beauty. Sitting in a serious FT stock, full v-glide internals, AJP riser rail, and a fine target scope on top. It was bloody lovely, but I couldn't hit anything with it.

I've had a few 95/98s since then, and not quite found "the one". And I do worry about the barrel detent being man-enough for the heavy '98 shroud.

The old model '95K (barrel weight version) that came from Mr Blackrider seems the best one so far for offhand shooting. And it doesn't twang.

I'll have to look inside it and see why it's so good!

Flippin' heck! Well, through my recuperation, luckily I can still see through a scope clearly, so killed time with some garden plinking in the snow. However, note to self; when springer internals are extremely cold, allow a dozen shots to warm things up a bit. I was all over the shop until the actions warmed slightly, then normal service was resumed (I was still missing things, but only by as far as I normally do!). Hopefully, next month will be warmer

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    That bodes well for the future then, Mike.

The first '98 I ever had a go with was a beauty. Sitting in a serious FT stock, full v-glide internals, AJP riser rail, and a fine target scope on top. It was bloody lovely, but I couldn't hit anything with it.

I've had a few 95/98s since then, and not quite found "the one". And I do worry about the barrel detent being man-enough for the heavy '98 shroud.

The old model '95K (barrel weight version) that came from Mr Blackrider seems the best one so far for offhand shooting. And it doesn't twang.

I'll have to look inside it and see why it's so good!
    I reckon this 98 could be my favourite rifle...maybe

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Flippin' heck! Well, through my recuperation, luckily I can still see through a scope clearly, so killed time with some garden plinking in the snow. However, note to self; when springer internals are extremely cold, allow a dozen shots to warm things up a bit. I was all over the shop until the actions warmed slightly, then normal service was resumed (I was still missing things, but only by as far as I normally do!). Hopefully, next month will be warmer
    That's great news with the sight recovery. My TX200 and 98 took some warming up on Sunday. I hadn't given the temperature a thought to be honest. That explains it.

That's great news with the sight recovery. My TX200 and 98 took some warming up on Sunday. I hadn't given the temperature a thought to be honest. That explains it.
    Luckily (??) it's my left eye that's banjaxxed. Both the air rifles I shot today I know to be accurate (SFS HW95 and a Diana 280) they were both pants until I had them warmed.

I reckon this 98 could be my favourite rifle...maybe
    98s and 95s are lovely.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Great to hear that you're recovering nicely Mark, and well done you on getting some boingering action in.

It WILL be LOADS warmer come Bash Time!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Cheers Tone, Old Alf was a very good friend to me over the years but he was 92 years old, I partnership farm the fields next to Quigley Hollow with his son.

I had hoped to get an early night tonight but I've just spent the last two hours stuck in a pub being interviewed for an Irish Magazine article.
    I hope today went as well as it could have gone, Mick.

So, what will the magazine article be about? T20 restoration?

How are you feeling at the moment with the wobblies?

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Well it's a mixed feelings thing up here in the lakes. The snow has totally buggered the original plan. Tonight we should have had the pleasure of Gwyn and Angela staying with us, plus the captain. However we are slightly snowed in (like a lot), bongo got through, but not sure how he will get home as its been snowing again all evening.
    Windemere is almost drunk dry but hopefully supplies will be able to get through again tomorrow.
    Shame Gwyn and Angela couldn't make it, Jamie, but, like Pauly says, maybe better not to risk it.

Did the supplies come through okay?

Give everyone a big cuddle and Steve a big, sloppy smacker on the forehead!

Love to all xxxxxx

BOING!

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post

... this thread was only one fresh thread away from being relegated to page two, and thatwill simply never do !!!
    Yep, and again -- a little too close to page two type bump.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

... Oh, and btw, that is on my x40 posts per page setting, NOT the default 12 posts per page setting that our very own TonyL favours.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Whats the snow situation today for everyone? We still have nowt. Gutted!!!!!

Whats the snow situation today for everyone? We still have nowt. Gutted!!!!!
    Had more overnight, here, and just been text that my rural school will remain shut today for the third day in a row.

Well done on keeping an ever watchful eye on things, Gareth, O-New-Custodian of The Boingery Bump!