Page 108 of 235 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 3515

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Whats the snow situation today for everyone? We still have nowt. Gutted!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Had more overnight, here, and just been text that my rural school will remain shut today for the third day in a row.
    Schools here closed yesterday and will remain so until Monday.

Mike, honestly, you don't want any of this minging White stuff. Wednesday's drive home was particularly scary. We had an early finish yesterday, so managed to get home whilst it was still light, but not nice with the compacted snow, ice-on-ice and snow drifts with that bitter wind. Loads of cars in ditches, hardly a surprise when you see some of the dodgy driving displayed my some. Poor old Brem is struggling to stay on her feet in the ice, with her legs being weak and unable to generate grip.

Loads of people stranded on the roads in various places in the country. Not nice.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

36 sleeps to go, peeps.

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

36 sleeps to go, peeps.
    But only 35 for me however, as am at bonkers Biker's bash weekend after next, where sleeping on the Saturday will not be a viable option !!!

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Good point Gareth
    34 sleeps before I get back to the Hollow
    Pete

I hope today went as well as it could have gone, Mick.
    Very well Tone, I managed to get a pew with a radiator under it.

So, what will the magazine article be about? T20 restoration?
    The article will be about repowering classic tractors with an engine swap as a way of keeping them working.

The V8 T20 conversion I recently did is just the last in a long line of engine conversions (normally diesel) that I've carried out in the last 30 years.
    My main input was to supply pictures and describe how I make the adaptor plates for the bell housing and clutch to ensure you're engine is aligned, and how to mount your front axle --- fairly boring stuff really and I didn't even ask what magazine it was going into.

V8 Adaptor :-

image.jpg

How are you feeling at the moment with the wobblies?
    I just take it one day at a time, Tone --- yesterday very bad, today a bit better.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Whats the snow situation today for everyone? We still have nowt. Gutted!!!!!
    We’ve had flurry’s over the last few days, about 2” in my garden and the local park but all the local roads and pavements are pretty clear now. I was supposed to be going over to see my mate in The Forest of Dean but they are very close to a Red snow warning so I am very reluctantly staying put today.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    We’ve had flurry’s over the last few days, about 2” in my garden and the local park but all the local roads and pavements are pretty clear now. I was supposed to be going over to see my mate in The Forest of Dean but they are very close to a Red snow warning so I am very reluctantly staying put today.
    Paul,
    I'm relatively close to the forest (20 miles) and honestly mate I'd have advised against it. I've got about 8" of snow in the garden and local main roads by me are pretty impassable. My lad had a 35 mile commute last night and almost piled the car when he lost the back end on a roundabout. Local hills are blocked with stuck HGV's.
    Last edited by CapitalBee; 02-03-2018 at 09:33 AM. Reason: tense changed

LOADS of snow for us
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

The article will be about repowering classic tractors with an engine swap as a way of keeping them working.

The V8 T20 conversion I recently did is just the last in a long line of engine conversions (normally diesel) that I've carried out in the last 30 years.
    My main input was to supply pictures and describe how I make the adaptor plates for the bell housing and clutch to ensure you're engine is aligned, and how to mount your front axle --- fairly boring stuff really and I didn't even ask what magazine it was going into.

V8 Adaptor :-

image.jpg
    That sounds fascinating, Mick. When I was working at Writtle Agricultural College in the mid 1980s, we totally renovated a pale grey (is there any other acceptable colour?) 1950s T 20 and a royal blue with orange wheels (again, is there any other acceptable livery?) 1960s Fordson Major with our Agricultural Mechanical Engineering Apprentices (AgMecApps). Lots of fun. Have some photos somewhere but God knows where (lol). Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    I am currently "working" from home, looking out of the window and feeling very pleased that I booked the premier inn
    Pete

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    I am currently "retired from home" and I'm extremely glad that I am !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post

I am currently "retired from home" and I'm extremely glad that I am !
    ... and I am currently sitting on my sofa sipping a cup of tea and surfing the wibblywobblyinterweb with my iPad while off on full pay for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    That sounds fascinating, Mick. When I was working at Writtle Agricultural College in the mid 1980s, we totally renovated a pale grey (is there any other acceptable colour?) 1950s T 20 and a royal blue with orange wheels (again, is there any other acceptable livery?) 1960s Fordson Major with our Agricultural Mechanical Engineering Apprentices (AgMecApps). Lots of fun. Have some photos somewhere but God knows where (lol). Atb: G.
    Other folks seem to find it fascinating, Gareth, it's just work to me.

The late 1980's saw me taking an OND in agricultural engineering at the long gone Ryecotewood College, Thame, Oxfordshire --- it's a housing estate now.

Now, trying not to look too sad, Fergies came mainly in grey, but some came out in other colours, Yellow for highways, Green for parks, Blue for RAF tug tractors, in France, many were sold with Grey tin work and red castings and the Kent produced narrow vineyard tractors were grey with a blue flash around the bonnet.
    When the Fergy FE35 was introduced it had grey tin work with gold castings, when Ferguson were taken over by Massey Harris the MHF FE35 colour was changed to the familiar red tin work with grey castings which was carried on by Massey Ferguson.

Fordson Majors started off as blue with orange wheels but changed to blue with white wheels before production ended, this colour scheme was carried over when Ford introduced the Ford Force tractors in the late 1960's.

Reading that back there really is no way to make it look anything but sad.

Anyway here's one of my older conversions :-

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

T20 with 2 litre Austin Maestro turbo Diesel engine.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Nice to see you gave the workshop a thorough tidy up before takin the pictures mick.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Paul,
    I'm relatively close to the forest (20 miles) and honestly mate I'd have advised against it. I've got about 8" of snow in the garden and local main roads by me are pretty impassable. My lad had a 35 mile commute last night and almost piled the car when he lost the back end on a roundabout. Local hills are blocked with stuck HGV's.
    Drifts up to about 4 foot in the forest towns and surrounding high ground. Theres a car buried in Cinderford! Monmouth has less, but drifting, and its still snowing.