Page 109 of 235 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 3515

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Well it's a mixed feelings thing up here in the lakes. The snow has totally buggered the original plan. Tonight we should have had the pleasure of Gwyn and Angela staying with us, plus the captain. However we are slightly snowed in (like a lot), bongo got through, but not sure how he will get home as its been snowing again all evening.
    Windemere is almost drunk dry but hopefully supplies will be able to get through again tomorrow.
    Yup, The Mrs & I are extremely gutted too. Hoping the Cap'n makes it home OK. Then on Friday Jamie & Mel have to get from Bowness to deepest Cornwal with the 'Beast from the East' still breathing big winds & snow aplenty. An 8 hour drive in normal conditions I guess.

I know they'll be anxious to get back to their livestock, but if they need it, there's a warm halfway house here......including some Saphire gin Mel!

Best laid plans eh?

ATB
    Gwyn
    Seize the Day! Quigley Hollow is a great place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Nice to see you gave the workshop a thorough tidy up before takin the pictures mick.

Dave
    Not my workshop, Dave.

image.jpeg

My workshop's a bigger mess than that --- Henry Cole and Sam Lovegrove took one look in there the other day and bid it bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    We’ve had flurry’s over the last few days, about 2” in my garden
    Over your head then, Paul ?

Quote Originally Posted by slinger69 View Post
    Yup, The Mrs & I are extremely gutted too. Hoping the Cap'n makes it home OK. Then on Friday Jamie & Mel have to get from Bowness to deepest Cornwal with the 'Beast from the East' still breathing big winds & snow aplenty. An 8 hour drive in normal conditions I guess.

I know they'll be anxious to get back to their livestock, but if they need it, there's a warm halfway house here......including some Saphire gin Mel!

Best laid plans eh?

ATB
    Gwyn
    The trip from hell.
    Not nice getting from windemere to tewkesbury, bit still managed to get to Exeter in five hours, then everything was closed down with snow. Stuck sitting around in the services for 19 hours, finally made a break for it and was home in an hour! Still very nasty, but steady as she goes and we got home without further incident.
    Never again.

The trip from hell.
    Not nice getting from windemere to tewkesbury, bit still managed to get to Exeter in five hours, then everything was closed down with snow. Stuck sitting around in the services for 19 hours, finally made a break for it and was home in an hour! Still very nasty, but steady as she goes and we got home without further incident.
    Never again.
    Glad you're both back in one piece. The 'red zone' snow warning (50cm overnight) was forecast for the SW of England last night, so getting back home's an achievement.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

Other folks seem to find it fascinating, Gareth, it's just work to me.

The late 1980's saw me taking an OND in agricultural engineering at the long gone Ryecotewood College, Thame, Oxfordshire --- it's a housing estate now.

Now, trying not to look too sad, Fergies came mainly in grey, but some came out in other colours, Yellow for highways, Green for parks, Blue for RAF tug tractors, in France, many were sold with Grey tin work and red castings and the Kent produced narrow vineyard tractors were grey with a blue flash around the bonnet.
    When the Fergy FE35 was introduced it had grey tin work with gold castings, when Ferguson were taken over by Massey Harris the MHF FE35 colour was changed to the familiar red tin work with grey castings which was carried on by Massey Ferguson.

Fordson Majors started off as blue with orange wheels but changed to blue with white wheels before production ended, this colour scheme was carried over when Ford introduced the Ford Force tractors in the late 1960's.

Reading that back there really is no way to make it look anything but sad.

Anyway here's one of my older conversions :-

Attachment 272395

Attachment 272396

Attachment 272397

T20 with 2 litre Austin Maestro turbo Diesel engine.
    Nowt sad there, Mick, as found it very interesting, as back in the 1980s, as stated in my post way above, I was one of those helping give the training to OND AgMecApps ... Trouble is, where on earth are the next batch of skilled AgMecs going to come from? Frightening, yes?

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    The trip from hell.
    Never again.
    Crikey O'Riley! I thought I had it bad popping to Morrisons!

I did see some idiot who'd put his snow-plough on the wrong end of his car.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post

That has tickled me.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

I'm glad everyones made it back from trips etc amidst all this chaotic weather. We finally had about half an inch this afternoon and when I got home from work had a snowball fight with my little lad and other half which was fun. Also managed to make a snowman which having taken up virtually all the snow from the front and back garden stood a towering 3 ft tall.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Crikey O'Riley! I thought I had it bad popping to Morrisons!

Anyone with a spoiler like that on a car like that can only really be described as a total tit!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Nowt sad there, Mick, as found it very interesting, as back in the 1980s, as stated in my post way above, I was one of those helping give the training to OND AgMecApps ... Trouble is, where on earth are the next batch of skilled AgMecs going to come from? Frightening, yes?
    Definitely interesting stuff. I'm in the wrong job

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    Quote Originally Posted by slinger69 View Post
    I did suggest that we just move the party down to your place for a few days, but would they listen? Never mind mate, I'll pop down to see you soon and tell you all about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    But only 35 for me however, as am at bonkers Biker's bash weekend after next, where sleeping on the Saturday will not be a viable option !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Good point Gareth
    34 sleeps before I get back to the Hollow
    Show offs!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Very well Tone, I managed to get a pew with a radiator under it.

The article will be about repowering classic tractors with an engine swap as a way of keeping them working.

The V8 T20 conversion I recently did is just the last in a long line of engine conversions (normally diesel) that I've carried out in the last 30 years.
    My main input was to supply pictures and describe how I make the adaptor plates for the bell housing and clutch to ensure you're engine is aligned, and how to mount your front axle --- fairly boring stuff really and I didn't even ask what magazine it was going into.

V8 Adaptor :-

Attachment 272393

I just take it one day at a time, Tone --- yesterday very bad, today a bit better.
    Glad you managed to find a warm spot, Mick; lessened the sadness a little, I guess.

Far from being anything remotely "geeky" I find your techie tractor stuff very interesting.

Let's hope that tomorrow is another upwards step and that you steadily but surely get back to full fitness.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Over your head then, Paul ?
    Bit harsh I'd say, Mick.

2" would equate to knee not head height for the cuddly little one!