Page 116 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 3515

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

P.S. As well as potentially good eating, some biccies might make some very interesting reactive targets. Can you still get those little midget iced gem thingies?
    they would be great fun lol. At xmas someone bought me a tin of small, really crap biscuits. I ate one and shot the rest

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Dave, if you're planning a round of shoot the biscuit, I'm out.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Did you get it stuffed and mounted Chris?
    Made stew with it mate, it was a bit watery though

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Tesco express in Norton high st had some Thursday.
    Have you seriously been to Teesside and not popped in for a cuppa? Hope you haven't been loitering in lidls car park again haggling for bargains

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    You been up here ? I normally get them from Heron, Homebargains or even the pound shops. None have had them for months and the local supermarkets have never really stocked them

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Have you seriously been to Teesside and not popped in for a cuppa? Hope you haven't been loitering in lidls car park again haggling for bargains
    No, I texted my SIL, though she texted again later and said it might have been Martins next door!

If and when I come back up that way I will be pestering you both. We haven't been to Whitby in years and it's getting to a state of desparation now.
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Quote Originally Posted by slinger69 View Post
    Some memories here Mick. Once worked for a Lucas subsidiary called Butlers who made tractor headlights & work lamps. All based on the same 'pudding basin' pressing, but the worklamps had a sequential switch encased in rubber. As you say, Ford & Massey were blue, International Harvester were red I think, and David Brown were pink.

Demand for all colours was constant and there was a big cock-up one week when the manufacturers received their lamps in the wrong colour. Turned out one of the warehouse hands was colour-blind.

This was the late 60's I think when Butlers also made the 'Ban the Bomb' rear lamps for the first Cortina model. Ford dual sourced this with a rival lamp maker called Magnetex.

ATB
    Gwyn

I sometimes work for a private Ferguson museum, Gwyn, and a couple of years ago they completely rebuilt a little Ferguson industrial tractor (MF 203 ?).
    The only problem they came across was finding the correct date stamped Butler headlight glasses, but luckily they found some in an old Massey Ferguson dealership in Tazmania and had them shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Glad you managed to find a warm spot, Mick; lessened the sadness a little, I guess.

Let's hope that tomorrow is another upwards step and that you steadily but surely get back to full fitness.
    I've had a proper wobble on since Thursday morning, Tone, and if it had been anybody's funeral but Old Alf's I'd have stayed at home.
    Old School Farmer's funerals tend not to be a sad occasion round here, and I'm sure most folks who knew Alf felt very privileged to have known him --- he was an extraordinary man and was nearly part of the Quigley Hollow story.

I worked for Alf in the 1980s and early 1990s, I remember him telling me how he'd been watching the Berlin Wall being took down on TV and what an historic event it was. The next day Alf and his Mate, Albert, jumped in the Range Rover and drove to Berlin and helped pull it down --- that was Alf.

When I thinking about buying the property next door to Quigley Hollow to turn into a shooting range with fishing lakes and campsite I found I needed a substantial bridging loan, Alf heard about this and offered to help me out by lending me half a million --- that was Alf.

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Dave, if you're planning a round of shoot the biscuit, I'm out.

Dave
    Cheesey balls could make a good target
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    I'm that desperate I ventured into non airgun I can't find FOX, s "sports biscuits" in any of my local shops and not had any for months. If any bash member from other parts of the country happen to locate any, could they be so kind and buy loads, and bring them to the bash in April please ?
    Today we went to B&M's, Poundland, Lidl, Morrisons, Sainsburys and our corner shop. All manner of Fox's biscuits were available, every single one except Sports biscuits!

Not only were they absent, but no one in any of these outlets remembers them! I think it's a government consiracy and our biscuit related memories are slowly being stolen by aliens!

Does anyone remember the Mcvities Banana Biscuits? Curved with chocolate on the inner edge, they came in "bunches"

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Cheesey balls could make a good target
    Shudder.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

sports biscuits?

Was that them as bit like malted milks, with various folks playing sports molded into them?

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Was that them as bit like malted milks, with various folks playing sports molded into them?
    I suggested malted milk as a possible alternative in the interim. Dave and then Karen both shot me down in flames for such a stupid suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I've had a proper wobble on since Thursday morning, Tone, and if it had been anybody's funeral but Old Alf's I'd have stayed at home.
    Old School Farmer's funerals tend not to be a sad occasion round here, and I'm sure most folks who knew Alf felt very privileged to have known him --- he was an extraordinary man and was nearly part of the Quigley Hollow story.

I worked for Alf in the 1980s and early 1990s, I remember him telling me how he'd been watching the Berlin Wall being took down on TV and what an historic event it was. The next day Alf and his Mate, Albert, jumped in the Range Rover and drove to Berlin and helped pull it down --- that was Alf.

When I thinking about buying the property next door to Quigley Hollow to turn into a shooting range with fishing lakes and campsite I found I needed a substantial bridging loan, Alf heard about this and offered to help me out by lending me half a million --- that was Alf.
    Alf sounds like a top man Mick. It's a real damn shame when these great folk move on

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I suggested malted milk as a possible alternative in the interim. Dave and then Karen both shot me down in flames for such a stupid suggestion.
    Seems a bit harsh. Maybe they were more like shortcake biscuits than malted milks?

It's all moletrappers fault

At least that's what I told Mrs baldinio. I've been and bought a bsa ultra se in .177 today. I've had an unhealthy urge for one since shooting moleys when we got together in cornwall. I know it doesn't boing, and technically that should mean it's bad, but I absolutely love it
    It's the first brand new rifle I've bought in well over a decade as new rifles generally speaking don't float my boat, but I'm well smitten with it. I can't wait to get out on the perm with it

Chris x