Page 117 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 3515

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Ultra, s are bloody excellent mate, enjoy
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    At least that's what I told Mrs baldinio. I've been and bought a bsa ultra se in .177 today. I've had an unhealthy urge for one since shooting moleys when we got together in cornwall. I know it doesn't boing, and technically that should mean it's bad, but I absolutely love it
    It's the first brand new rifle I've bought in well over a decade as new rifles generally speaking don't float my boat, but I'm well smitten with it. I can't wait to get out on the perm with it

Chris x
    Excellent stuff. I love my boingers but also my s510 (no shame)!!!!! I've been looking at the Ultra JSR especially for smaller kids with my boy in mind. The HFT club I went to the other weekend has one for hire that he can try. The beauty of them is as the child grows you can change the junior stock for the normal one. Super rifles

At least that's what I told Mrs baldinio. I've been and bought a bsa ultra se in .177 today. I've had an unhealthy urge for one since shooting moleys when we got together in cornwall. I know it doesn't boing, and technically that should mean it's bad, but I absolutely love it
    It's the first brand new rifle I've bought in well over a decade as new rifles generally speaking don't float my boat, but I'm well smitten with it. I can't wait to get out on the perm with it

Chris x
    Glad you're loving it, Chris.

HOWEVER.......howz about stuffing a bigger hammer spring (and stiffer exhaust valve one to make sure it keeps below the limit) and put a little BOING into a poor PCP's life?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I've had a proper wobble on since Thursday morning, Tone, and if it had been anybody's funeral but Old Alf's I'd have stayed at home.
    Old School Farmer's funerals tend not to be a sad occasion round here, and I'm sure most folks who knew Alf felt very privileged to have known him --- he was an extraordinary man and was nearly part of the Quigley Hollow story.

I worked for Alf in the 1980s and early 1990s, I remember him telling me how he'd been watching the Berlin Wall being took down on TV and what an historic event it was. The next day Alf and his Mate, Albert, jumped in the Range Rover and drove to Berlin and helped pull it down --- that was Alf.

When I thinking about buying the property next door to Quigley Hollow to turn into a shooting range with fishing lakes and campsite I found I needed a substantial bridging loan, Alf heard about this and offered to help me out by lending me half a million --- that was Alf.

Alf sounds like a top bloke, Mick, and a true, true character. Not enough people made in that fine mould.

Hope you're feeling a little better?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Excellent stuff. I love my boingers but also my s510 (no shame)!!!!! I've been looking at the Ultra JSR especially for smaller kids with my boy in mind. The HFT club I went to the other weekend has one for hire that he can try. The beauty of them is as the child grows you can change the junior stock for the normal one. Super rifles
    Am I right in thinking the ultra jsr is fairly low powered too mike? A good option for a diminutive junior shooter is a crosman ratcatcher with the butt shortened. Lowish powerwise easy enough for the little un to cock, light enough for them to handle too. They don't break the bank either. This is exactly how I got my "little un" into shooting before he was big enough to lift and shoot a full size rifle. He now stands about a mile taller than his dear old dad and shoots bigger and bangier things for a living lol

Chris

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

When I thinking about buying the property next door to Quigley Hollow to turn into a shooting range with fishing lakes and campsite I found I needed a substantial bridging loan, Alf heard about this and offered to help me out by lending me half a million --- that was Alf.
    And that is as much to do with the Trustworthiness and Integrity he saw in you as it was the Generosity in Alf himself Mick
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Am I right in thinking the ultra jsr is fairly low powered too mike? A good option for a diminutive junior shooter is a crosman ratcatcher with the butt shortened. Lowish powerwise easy enough for the little un to cock, light enough for them to handle too. They don't break the bank either. This is exactly how I got my "little un" into shooting before he was big enough to lift and shoot a full size rifle. He now stands about a mile taller than his dear old dad and shoots bigger and bangier things for a living lol

Chris
    I believe Tony recommended the Crosman too. I reckon I may have another look and as you say its a huge difference in price. My boy's six and is getting right into the airgun thing already. I believe the JSR is 6ftlb but as far as I can tell the power can be upped when required.
    Last edited by MikeHW45; 05-03-2018 at 08:50 PM.

Chris
    How is Jimbo getting on mate ? Will he be available for The Bash ?
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    How is Jimbo getting on mate ? Will he be available for The Bash ?
    We should have the pleasure of little jimbos company in April, he's doing well, sent me a pic of himself taken directly after his cs gas training the other day. I didn't laugh at the face he was pulling, honest. Will WhatsApp you the pic, just make sure you've got your tenor gentleman's on cos you will pee yourself lol

Chris x

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    And that is as much to do with the Trustworthiness and Integrity he saw in you as it was the Generosity in Alf himself Mick
    Absolutely Pauly.

We should have the pleasure of little jimbos company in April, he's doing well, sent me a pic of himself taken directly after his cs gas training the other day. I didn't laugh at the face he was pulling, honest. Will WhatsApp you the pic, just make sure you've got your tenor gentleman's on cos you will pee yourself lol

Chris x
    Look forward to it mate, hang on.... my phone just bleeped....nah - battery low.

It will be good to see him again. Can he bring any of his ‘work’ guns with him

I believe Tony recommended the Crosman too. I reckon I may have another look and as you say its a huge difference in price. My boy's six and is getting right into the airgun thing already. I believe the JSR is 6ftlb but as far as I can tell the power can be upped when required.
    I think you're correct re upping the power as well as the size of the JSR, Mike.

The Crosmans are indeed a good buy too........as long as you don't fall into the trap of expensive tricking-up!

Chris x
    It'll be great to see Big Jim again, Chris.

If you can up the power on the ultra and fit a larger stock as the young un grows it would probably be worth the investment in the long term. The crosman ratty would probably be a good idea to test his continued interest for a few months before taking the plunge on a bsa. The stocks on the ratty are a piece of cake to modify for a junior shooter, especially for a handy guy like yourself. Once he outgrows the shortened stock they are cheap as chips to replace with a full size one again.

Chris

If you can up the power on the ultra and fit a larger stock as the young un grows it would probably be worth the investment in the long term. The crosman ratty would probably be a good idea to test his continued interest for a few months before taking the plunge on a bsa. The stocks on the ratty are a piece of cake to modify for a junior shooter, especially for a handy guy like yourself. Once he outgrows the shortened stock they are cheap as chips to replace with a full size one again.

Chris
    Cheers Chris I reckon its a plan. I'm going to have a look this weekend