Page 118 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 3515

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

32 to go, peeps.

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I've just been watching Neil's video on the 22mm conversion TX200HC and I'm smitten. I see Neil won't be there over the weekend but will anyone else be there who has one that I can try?

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    I've just been watching Neil's video on the 22mm conversion TX200HC and I'm smitten. I see Neil won't be there over the weekend but will anyone else be there who has one that I can try?

Talk nicely to Ray/Transporter, Garry.

He may not actually have a 22mm TX, but it'll make a refreshing change for someone to talk nicely to him.

Thanks Mick,

Ray was the first to introduce himself to me at my first Bash.

See you next month.

I'm interested in these too. Are you a member of the facebook group "lost volumn"? really interesting stuff involving all these type of conversions

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Thanks Mick,

See you next month.
    I’ve been going to The Bash for over two years now and the miserable buggers never said a word to me
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    I'm interested in these too. Are you a member of the facebook group "lost volumn"? really interesting stuff involving all these type of conversions
    I'm afraid I don't go on Facebook Mike, so I'm missing out.

I'm pretty sure NickG said he'd be coming, Gary.

And, hopefully, Jon Budd, too.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Ah yes, I remember the Charming Cult saying he had spotted an easy victim and was about to make a move!

Hope you're fully recovered now.

I'm very sorry about that, Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    I’ve been going to The Bash for over two years now and the miserable buggers never said a word to me
    He probably didn't spot you down there, Paul.

I'll point you out to him at the next bash.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I have recovered, just!

Update

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Were fun!

Enlisted some extra helping hands, courtesy of the Mrs!

Barrel went straight on, no worries, although if I were to have to work on them on a regular basis, I'd be tempted to use a shorter "dummy" barrel hinge pin to hold the detent in place. Lock up is now lovely, courtesy of polished detent and the lovely little detent spring that Pete, look no hands, sent me.

I knew the trigger may be a bit of a fiddly beast. I know you're meant to be able to hold the sear down to remove the piston, but it wasn't having any of it when I stripped it, so removed the trigger. Yes, a little fiddly, but it was in place pretty soon.

Then the easy bit.......fitting the spring (which again, Pete had kindly donated).....well, when I stripped it it was very easy peasy.....but it had the broken square section spring in (OX?). Bloody hell, trying to do it by hand and it was having none of it. I then wasted loads of time locating the spring compressor, as I had not needed it for years. When I finally found it, the flat disc that goes onto the threaded section was nowhere to be seen. So I tried to improvise with various ideas but nothing seemed to be working. Then I remembered that there was an insert for working on the FWB sport in the box, with locating hole that goes onto the threaded section. Removed the insert for the FWB and then, with some packing metal washers, ie about five 2p coins, thus allowed enough clearance for the metal dowel you need to clear the mainspring retaining pin. And, eventually, it went in, complete with the top hat and guide, again courtesy of Pete and the Tinsterbelle. Plenty of preload here, methinks.

Then fit the cocking slide that Uncle Mick sent me....lovely.

Then fit the stock......oh dear.....it has a home made / aftermarket (?) set back blade. Once fitted the gun cocked and then de-cocked. Tried again....no chance. Then I noticed that the bottom of the blade was contacting against the trigger guard. Backed the rear screw off and it's fine. Eventually, by juggling the Mickey Mouse trigger guard around and making sure that the front end is pulled down whilst tightening the rear screw, we can have it tight and retain sufficient clearance for correct trigger operation.

Shot it into a box of rags a few times and it seems twang free. Seems a little lively, as I remember from years ago. When I had a few shots a few weeks ago it did seem quite docile, but then the broken spring that revealed itself and the 9ft.lbs output would explain this.

It was dark by the time I'd built it, so no time to chrono.....that will have to happen tomorrow if the weather allows. If the power is sensible, I'll just let it bed in and see how it goes. If it's too close for comfort, I'll shorten the spring which will also improve the manners. All depends what the chrono says.......

And thank you again, Mick, Pete and Nick for all the lovely bits enabling the recommissioning on a shoestring! You are all stars. And, Mick, I'll bring that broken cocking slide with me to The Hollow.

Boingy boingy Beeza Boing!
    I managed to have a quick play over the chrono and down the garden earlier.

Power (courtesy of Lovely Pete and his spring) now a very consistent 11.5 with Superdomes. Minimal twang and a quick, sharp but totally acceptable firing cycle.

Gonna have to do some work on the trigger and / or guard though. After two or three shots it wouldn't cock. Rather than thinking "let's rip it to bits", preferring to keep things simple and remembering back to the rebuild. It has a aftermarket / home made trigger blade and, sure enough, it was contacting the guard again and not returning to its forward position after being released. So, for the rest of the session I just pushed the blade forward manually so that it would cock. There's hardly any meat at the bottom of the blade to shave off, so I'll have to have a play with maybe fitting a spacer under the guard to give the necessary clearance. That'll improve trigger feel, too.
    Last edited by TonyL; 06-03-2018 at 06:02 PM.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    He probably didn't spot you down there, Paul.

I'll point you out to him at the next bash.
    You are all heart Mick.....

........Git
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Falling about here!