Page 119 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 3515

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    I have recovered, just!
    That's good.

At least you'll be much more prepared for the next time!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Looking forward to it, 1 month today and we'll be there, and on best behaviour .

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I managed to have a quick play over the chrono and down the garden earlier.

Power (courtesy of Lovely Pete and his spring) now a very consistent 11.5 with Superdomes. Minimal twang and a quick, sharp but totally acceptable firing cycle.

Gonna have to do some work on the trigger and / or guard though. After two or three shots it wouldn't cock. Rather than thinking "let's rip it to bits", preferring to keep things simple and remembering back to the rebuild. It has a aftermarket / home made trigger blade and, sure enough, it was contacting the guard again and not returning to its forward position after being released. There's hardly any meat at the bottom of the blade to shave off, so I'll have to have a play with maybe fitting a spacer under the guard to give the necessary clearance. That'll improve trigger feel, too.
    How does that happen Tone, please forgive my thickness. You pull the trigger, it fires, you cock it again to re-load and it’s like it’s already cocked (loose and floppy) ?? and that’s because the trigger blade didn’t return to firing position ? which makes me think.. how did it fire as the trigger cycle hadn’t been completed or are you saying the trigger blade is bottoming out on the guard which is stopping it returning ? Sounds like there’s only a fag papers thickness in it ?? Feel free to ignore my naievity
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

I'm pretty sure NickG said he'd be coming, Gary.

And, hopefully, Jon Budd, too.
    That's great to know Tony, thanks.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

Looking forward to it, 1 month today and we'll be there, and on best behaviour .
    Good heads-up, cheers (and speak for yourself ) ...

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Good heads-up, cheers (and speak for yourself ) ...
    Gareth, you have yet to see my best behaviour

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

Gareth, you have yet to see my best behaviour ...
    Lol. Looking forward to a demo on the day.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Lol. Looking forward to a demo on the day.
    I'm qiute quiet really, it's Emma you need to watch out for!!!

Bloody hell, I better get the Shetland ponies out of the campsite tomorrow, I chase them a little bit differently to Dave/Trumpetier --- I keep my trousers on.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    How does that happen Tone, please forgive my thickness. You pull the trigger, it fires, you cock it again to re-load and it’s like it’s already cocked (loose and floppy) ?? and that’s because the trigger blade didn’t return to firing position ? which makes me think.. how did it fire as the trigger cycle hadn’t been completed or are you saying the trigger blade is bottoming out on the guard which is stopping it returning ? Sounds like there’s only a fag papers thickness in it ?? Feel free to ignore my naievity
    Yep, you got it, Pauly.

First two shots and everything was okay. Then, when cocking it the third time, the sear wouldn't hold the piston. Rather than panicking and getting in a strop, I remembered the fun and games I'd had when rebuilding it. So, yes, the bottom of the blade is dragging ever so slightly on the trigger guard. Just enough that it remains in the rearward position after firing. That then won't engage with the sear. Push the blade forward and it'll work fine. As you say, we'll only be talking a fag paper's depth. I'm sure it would be fine with a standard blade and I'm not really sure if this one's a home-brewed one or aftermarket. As the trigger release is actually quite good (when it's not dragging on the guard) I'm guessing it's a Superstar style trigger that's been fitted.

Anyways, it should be an easy fix. I'll bring it along to The Bash so you can all have a larf at the "customised" stock!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Bloody hell, I better get the Shetland ponies out of the campsite tomorrow, I chase them a little bit differently to Dave/Trumpetier --- I keep my trousers on.
    So no blue spots at the moment then, Mick?

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Yep, you got it, Pauly.

First two shots and everything was okay. Then, when cocking it the third time, the sear wouldn't hold the piston. Rather than panicking and getting in a strop, I remembered the fun and games I'd had when rebuilding it. So, yes, the bottom of the blade is dragging ever so slightly on the trigger guard. Just enough that it remains in the rearward position after firing. That then won't engage with the sear. Push the blade forward and it'll work fine. As you say, we'll only be talking a fag paper's depth. I'm sure it would be fine with a standard blade and I'm not really sure if this one's a home-brewed one or aftermarket. As the trigger release is actually quite good (when it's not dragging on the guard) I'm guessing it's a Superstar style trigger that's been fitted.

Anyways, it should be an easy fix. I'll bring it along to The Bash so you can all have a larf at the "customised" stock!
    Blimey ! I think I’ve got it, cheers Tone. As long as it’s not an FWB lump of wood I’m sure it’ll be fine
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Yep, you got it, Pauly.

I could post you an ickle shim if you give me the inner and outer diameter required
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I could post you an ickle shim if you give me the inner and outer diameter required
    Cool!

Thanks, Nick.

I'll whip that rear guard screw out and let you know the dimensions.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Blimey ! I think I’ve got it, cheers Tone. As long as it’s not an FWB lump of wood I’m sure it’ll be fine
    See, you provided a most splendid diagnosis, oh learned one.

Re the stock.....you'll need to be prepared for this one, Pauly....."minging" is an understatement, matey! And nothing like the beautiful work of art that graces the beautiful 300.