Page 142 of 235 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 3515

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Absolutely Mike, on all counts ! Enjoy that G+T mate and I hope Rachael recovers real soon.

My two sons are 37 and 35 now and I shudder when I think back to driving them around over 30 years ago without child seats, yes, they were available at the time but not widely used by most people and not compulsory. My first few cars didn’t even come with rear seat belts
    I'm guilty of not wearing my seatbelt when driving to jobs in my van. I can safely say after being saved by one today, not wearing one is not an option anymore.

Purely to keep Gareth happy, and to show solidarity for a brother boingerer im forcing down a single malt (or five)

Chris x

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Purely to keep Gareth happy, and to show solidarity for a brother boingerer im forcing down a single malt (or five)

Chris x
    I'm on the last of the gin tonight Just to make matters worse too I've just discovered my millennium falcon ice cubes don't fit in the glass properly. Bloody star wars ice cube trays

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Your first car didn't even have four wheels did it mate?
    Great memory mate and your right, it was a Reliant Regal (1974) in blue. I drove it legally on a full motorbike licence. 27th August 1981 I rushed my pregnant Missus to The Hospital maternity ward, one week later (they kept them in for a week back then) I picked her up in the three wheeler, put the crib with the new baby in on the rear seat and off we went home (puts shivers up my back as I type). 22 months later on 25th April 1983 I did very similar for my second son, the journey there was very very much slower though as I lived in Wembley and it was FA Cup final day, thought we’d never get there with the amount of traffic (three wheelers should have blue flashing lights). Three days later (you could get out quicker with your second child) I turned up yet again with the Regal and did the same thing. My next ‘proper car’ was a Morris Marina but that didn’t have rear seat belts but I did fit after- market ones which you could get from Halfords. I did use child seats a few years later however (No! Not for me, before any of you piss-takers ask )
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    I'm on the last of the gin tonight Just to make matters worse too I've just discovered my millennium falcon ice cubes don't fit in the glass properly. Bloody star wars ice cube trays
    Millennium falcon ice cubes....pure class mate, if i was wearing a hat i would take it off to you bud

Chris x

Bigger Glass mate
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Chris x
    You’re a Saint mate ! Selfless to a tee

Bigger Glass mate
    I'm going to need a genuine tarts glass for these bad boys

I'm going to need a genuine tarts glass for these bad boys
    My new whisky glasses are huge with a big heavy base, I heard something on the radio about drinking spirits from a heavy glass makes the drink seem of greater quality. I'm not convinced yet, I may have to test the remainder of this decanter to reach a definitive conclusion

My new whisky glasses are huge with a big heavy base, I heard something on the radio about drinking spirits from a heavy glass makes the drink seem of greater quality. I'm not convinced yet, I may have to test the remainder of this decanter to reach a definitive conclusion
    Sounds like a plan with no drawbacks to me.

Your first car didn't even have four wheels did it mate?
    I can visualise our Pauly back in the 80's in a yellow Reliant Robin, sporting a leather jacket, large gold chain and aviator sunglasses.

Sounds like a plan with no drawbacks to me.
    I'll put Baldy's quoted theory to the test when the Mrs has gone to bed, savouring a large glass of 'Three Barrels' brandy, toasting Mike and family's survival and swift recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundshot View Post
    I can visualise our Pauly back in the 80's in a yellow Reliant Robin, sporting a leather jacket, large gold chain and aviator sunglasses.
    See my post #2119 on previous page Ted, not quite the picture you nicely paint for me

Quote Originally Posted by Roundshot View Post
    I'll put Baldy's quoted theory to the test when the Mrs has gone to bed, savouring a large glass of 'Three Barrels' brandy, toasting Mike and family's survival and swift recovery.
    Thanks mate Rachel has discovered that her glasses didn't appreciate being blasted by an airbag and now sit rather wonky on her. ahhh not that type of glasses

See my post #2119 on previous page Ted, not quite the picture you nicely paint for me
    Read it now matey, much enjoyed your recollections, but how did I miss it?