Page 144 of 235 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 3515

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    And if it's anything like it is here, there'll be about 4 cm of snow to contend with on top of this evil, cutting wind!

Bloody hate the stuff!
    Mmmm......slight correction to that, having taken little Bremby Bo out for her short walk after posting.....

Yes, that evil wind is still just as bad. But we have an even covering of about four inches or so, and up to a foot and a half with the drifts.

Little doggy really isn't happy. With her dodgy back and back legs, she just seizes up after a couple of minutes and just kept sitting down, wanting to stop and dragging her back legs. Had to carry her over the door step. A far cry from the fine, muscular boisterous beast she once was, where nothing would stop her and she used to love playing in the snow. And, when it was icy she used to be able to just romp on full steam ahead with her "doggy four wheel drive" whilst daddy was slip-sliding behind, trying his best to not fall over. She's had her brekkie now and is cuddled up nice and warm.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Cheers Tone,

We have a feeling that there was more to it than just careless driving. He was gutted about causing the accident and couldn't remember much but we think it may have been a heart problem that possibly caused it as they didn't take him off the ECG monitor for the three and a half hours that we were there for. The paramedics seemed pretty concerned about it.
    Mike, whatever you do, please get the claims in for your injuries.

I'm not a "freeloader" and wouldn't suggest that you might also. But, after an incident like this, it's all too easy to just thank your lucky stars thst you're alive and acknowledge that things could have, indeed, been so, so much worse. I know, I've been there. If you're lucky, those whiplash injuries might just bugger off really quickly. However, they may not. And, due to this injury's "invisible" nature, it's a hard one. But, and I don't want to scare monger, those symptoms could affect you and Rachel for years. Following my big smash in 2013, not a day passes without pain to my neck, shoulders, right down my arms and into my fingers. I have to perform many tasks differently to before and re-adjust. My claim didn't go as it should have done, as they said that as I'd had a similar injury in 1997, this more recent accident had simply "re-awoken" old tissue scars and injuries and I received a pittance. This was in spite of me being pain free for about 13 years previously!

You didn't ask for this to happen and we're just going about your business. The other driver could have killed you. Go for it, you deserve it. There'll be many undeserving scammers out there, you're not amongst them. You and your family should not have to suffer unduly (both health-wise and financially) for this.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Mike, whatever you do, please get the claims in for your injuries.

I'm not a "freeloader" and wouldn't suggest that you might also. But, after an incident like this, it's all too easy to just thank your lucky stars thst you're alive and acknowledge that things could have, indeed, been so, so much worse. I know, I've been there. If you're lucky, those whiplash injuries might just bugger off really quickly. However, they may not. And, due to this injury's "invisible" nature, it's a hard one. But, and I don't want to scare monger, those symptoms could affect you and Rachel for years. Following my big smash in 2013, not a day passes without pain to my neck, shoulders, right down my arms and into my fingers. I have to perform many tasks differently to before and re-adjust. My claim didn't go as it should have done, as they said that as I'd had a similar injury in 1997, this more recent accident had simply "re-awoken" old tissue scars and injuries and I received a pittance. This was in spite of me being pain free for about 13 years previously!

You didn't ask for this to happen and we're just going about your business. The other driver could have killed you. Go for it, you deserve it. There'll be many undeserving scammers out there, you're not amongst them. You and your family should not have to suffer unduly (both health-wise and financially) for this.
    I totally agree mate. I'm having tomorrow off work to catch up with the police, fill in claims forms and take Rachel to the doctors for further assessment. We will definitely be chasing a claim on this one obviously without taking the Mickey. Rachel had only just got this car in the last six months for her little gardening business and family runaround. We are definitely feeling the effects of the whiplash today and I think Rachel is pretty stunned to have woken up in such a mess to be honest.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post

Purely to keep Gareth happy, and to show solidarity for a brother boingerer im forcing down a single malt (or five)

Chris x
    That's the spirit (did you see what I did there ) ...

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

In a spirit of solidarity, I too imbibed a few single malts last night, along with a bottle of Merlot. My eyes are now like piss holes in the snow; an analogy quite easy to make now as there's about 4" of the flipping stuff on my doorstep.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post

In a spirit of solidarity, I too imbibed a few single malts last night, along with a bottle of Merlot. My eyes are now like piss holes in the snow; an analogy quite easy to make now as there's about 4" of the flipping stuff on my doorstep.
    Well the sun is over the yard arm somewhere in the world, so stay and have another glass as an eye-opener.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Great memory mate and your right, it was a Reliant Regal (1974) in blue. I drove it legally on a full motorbike licence. 27th August 1981 I rushed my pregnant Missus to The Hospital maternity ward, one week later (they kept them in for a week back then) I picked her up in the three wheeler, put the crib with the new baby in on the rear seat and off we went home (puts shivers up my back as I type). 22 months later on 25th April 1983 I did very similar for my second son, the journey there was very very much slower though as I lived in Wembley and it was FA Cup final day, thought we’d never get there with the amount of traffic (three wheelers should have blue flashing lights). Three days later (you could get out quicker with your second child) I turned up yet again with the Regal and did the same thing. My next ‘proper car’ was a Morris Marina but that didn’t have rear seat belts but I did fit after- market ones which you could get from Halfords. I did use child seats a few years later however (No! Not for me, before any of you piss-takers ask )
    Now, as I’m typing, I’m thinking, I’m off to Belgium on a baccy run on Wednesday with a few lads from work..
    Lovely little tale there, Pauly.

And I hope you have a most enjoyable trip for the baccy run, matey.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I had hoped to have had time on my hands after finishing a work contract on the 7th --- Unfortunately I was given a repeat order on the 8th for an April 7th delivery.
    So I'm currently working my nuts off trying to get this work out the way so that I can sort Quigley Hollow out.
    Fortunately I can't do any work on Quigley Hollow until the wind dies down and the field dries up a little.
    Well that’s good that you’re working Mick (I think ?), feeling better or just having to get on with it ?
    As The Little Man says, Mick, and I hope your condition has improved a little?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    I totally agree mate. I'm having tomorrow off work to catch up with the police, fill in claims forms and take Rachel to the doctors for further assessment. We will definitely be chasing a claim on this one obviously without taking the Mickey. Rachel had only just got this car in the last six months for her little gardening business and family runaround. We are definitely feeling the effects of the whiplash today and I think Rachel is pretty stunned to have woken up in such a mess to be honest.
    Yep, I was going to say that I'll wager that the whiplash effects would be felt much more today, Mike. Now, if you're really, REALLY lucky, they'll subside in a few days. But could be months. Or years! The problem with this type of claim is the aforementioned "invisible" nature and the fact that so many tossers over the years made fraudulent claims, adversely affecting people making genuine claims.

Do you think the car will be written off? Guessing it will be? So that's another pain in the backside. Yes, you'll be able to claim the uninsured losses from the third party (like your policy excess), but may suffer a loss on the purchase price of the car. Great, especially when it's not your fault, Eh? Did you by any chance have GAP Insurance?

Make sure you claim for anything you properly can, mate, including Rachel's glasses.

Thank God that you're all okay (ish) and I wish you all a speedy recovery and the very, very best wishes from us all here.

And, yes, make sure the next one's another Boinger and not a pffter.......

P.S.....Also, re the car, as it'll be a no fault claim, ask your insurance company to get the third party insurance company to supply a courtesy car (assuming Rachel will want to drive once she's confident enough to), unless you were already aware of this.

feeling better or just having to get on with it ?
    Neither, Paul.

With this illness my brain is fully occupied all the time keeping me upright, so if I do any work I have to think about I overload my brain, get a Migraine and have to lie down.

Fortunately the job of making hydraulic Jack legs for boats, which I'm doing now, is very dull and boring and having now made 60 I can make them without thinking --- so it's good physiotherapy and I get keep my customer happy.

How are Dave's "girls" enjoying the snow, Mick?

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Thought you were at work today Tone, then I remembered its Sunday !
    Plinking down the hallway ?
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Thought you were at work today Tone, then I remembered its Sunday !
    Plinking down the hallway ?
    Haha!

Yes, indeedy, well remembered; Sundays off now, John!

Hoping to get a hallway opportunity in later if all goes well.

And it's MotoGP time laterz, too!

Have you managed to get down to Idleback again recently?

When you next go, you'll have to drop in for a coffee, as my new place is only about half a mile away!

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    From bitter experience Mike if the whiplash gets very painful go to someone who can do acupuncture. The only thing that would help mine
    Pete

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Haha!

Yes, indeedy, well remembered; Sundays off now, John!

Hoping to get a hallway opportunity in later if all goes well.

And it's MotoGP time laterz, too!

Have you managed to get down to Idleback again recently?

When you next go, you'll have to drop in for a coffee, as my new place is only about half a mile away!
    Last there two weeks ago, first time this year. I was set to visit one day last week but something cropped up.
    I'll fit a session this coming week for sure as I want to run in my "blinged-up" HW 50/Wee Simmo combo and a Fenman thats proving a little temperamental !

I'll do the "coffee pop-in" also sometime, thanks !
    “An airgun or two”………