Page 146 of 235 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 3515

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    RAF! This cold has knocked me for six.
    On the plus side I just got a text from my little bruvva, he's in Korea and getting married tomorrow. He's just told me I'm going to be an Uncle in August!
    The medical staff can't legally say whether its a boy or girl, but the nurse said she could "see a missile!"

That runs in the family then!
    And they named him TRIPOD!!!!

Talking

Hey All,

Short time lurker, first time poster.

My name is Ross and I am new to the sport and to this forum. The more I shoot, the more I find how awesome the community is!

I met a fellow forum member at my range last week and told me to take a look at this forum, well advised on his part!

Is an event like this open to new guys like me? Something like this would be a treasure trove of advice, stories and tips so would hate to miss out.

I can't imagine a better way to spend the weekend.

I have a few rifles (.177 springer (not sure, It's borrowed from the old man), .22 break-barrel (BSA Supersport), .22 pcp (H100KT Lam)) Would I be OK to bring them?
    Having never been to an event like this, what sort of bits and pieces would you recommend bringing along for a weekend of shooting and camping in a field?

Hiya Ross! you would be made very welcome whether you are new on here or a veteran.
    I guarantee that if you go and get involved you will have a blast.
    Normal camping kit for staying in a field with just running water and portaloos.
    Waterproof boots/wellies.
    Mick and Shirl fire up the BBQ and do hot drinks.
    Come on over, you know it makes sense! k

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Roooss View Post
    Hey All,

My name is Ross and I am new to the sport and to this forum. The more I shoot, the more I find how awesome the community is!

I met a fellow forum member at my range last week and told me to take a look at this forum, well advised on his part!

Is an event like this open to new guys like me? Something like this would be a treasure trove of advice, stories and tips so would hate to miss out.

I have a few rifles (.177 springer (not sure, It's borrowed from the old man), .22 break-barrel (BSA Supersport), .22 pcp (H100KT Lam)) Would I be OK to bring them?
    Having never been to an event like this, what sort of bits and pieces would you recommend bringing along for a weekend of shooting and camping in a field?
    Yes! Please come along, you'll love it. Bring a chair, beer, paracetamol and soft toilet tissue
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Hey All,

The payment details are on the first page of this thread. Mick (T20, whose the landowner and organiser and all round good egg) needs firm numbers and payment to help with insurance cover (which is included in the fee). Everyone brings their air rifles, from bog standard low budget rifles to re-engineered top end stuff, most of which is offered for a shot if you are interested enough. You generally have a lot of experienced air gun tuners present, who are happy to discuss improvements and add to that more targets than you could shake a stick at from 15-75 yards (under partial cover) and a good weekend is on the cards. There are even impromptu visits up to Solware on the Saturday, if you're in the market for new stuff or just forgot to bring enough pellets.

Hey All,

PS, bring any airguns as long as they are not on fac.
    Warm clothes that your not worried about getting burnt or muddy.
    Alcohol, lots of alcohol (not compulsory)

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    PS, bring any airguns as long as they are not on fac.
    Warm clothes that your not worried about getting burnt or muddy.
    Alcohol, lots of alcohol (not compulsory)
    That's where I went wrong, I thought the alcohol was compulsory and was a teetotaller before my first Bash. Now I have it on my cornflakes.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    That's where I went wrong, I thought the alcohol was compulsory and was a teetotaller before my first Bash. Now I have it on my cornflakes.
    Another Quigley hollow success story

Bring beer a chair a tent air rifles and pellets mate, guaranteed it you forget something someone else there will lend a hand. Best and most welcoming bunch of people you could wish to meet. Hope to see you at the hollow in April mate.

All the best, Chris

Definitely worth coming along Ross. My first bash was in October last year and I've been counting down the days to this one. Awesome. Also worth investing in a bench rest shooting bag/cushion. (Tinbums very advice to me last year)

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    RAF! This cold has knocked me for six.
    On the plus side I just got a text from my little bruvva, he's in Korea and getting married tomorrow. He's just told me I'm going to be an Uncle in August!
    The medical staff can't legally say whether its a boy or girl, but the nurse said she could "see a missile!"

That runs in the family then!
    They're very observant when it comes to missiles in Korea
    Pete

Ahhh, an amazing welcome, thanks peeps.

Dues have been paid to Mr Furniss! can't wait to get involved and meet you all!

So there are a few things I will need to invest in before arriving;

• Beer
    • Shooting Mat
    • Shooting Bags/Coushions
    • Wellies
    • Bi-Pod for the weihrauch
    • Beer
    • Rum.

I think one of the main things I would love to learn about is rifle maintenance and tuning... I'm too green and timid to take the rifles apart as a 'learning exercise' I would ruin all my rifles!

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Yes! Please come along, you'll love it. Bring a chair, beer, paracetamol and soft toilet tissue
    Most welcome, but whatever happens decline all requests to sit on gwynns knee. I've never been the same since I did it and the wife, dont ask.

Wet wipes come in handy I'm told.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Ahhh, an amazing welcome, thanks peeps.

Dues have been paid to Mr Furniss! can't wait to get involved and meet you all!

So there are a few things I will need to invest in before arriving;

• Beer
    • Shooting Mat
    • Shooting Bags/Coushions
    • Wellies
    • Bi-Pod for the weihrauch
    • Beer
    • Rum.

I think one of the main things I would love to learn about is rifle maintenance and tuning... I'm too green and timid to take the rifles apart as a 'learning exercise' I would ruin all my rifles!
    You'll certainly have no worries learning about tuning and taking apart at the bash. My TX200 was in bits on the shooting bench within a couple of hours of the first day

bash

Hello all ,
    likewise been hiding in cyber space mainly because i wasnt sure this interweb do dah would stay the course but it looks like it might so here goes
    Paid Mr F for a day can only manage the Saturday so lookin forward to seein some of you chaps and missing everything i aim at.
    Hopin a few of my chums also members on this fine forum are comin along if not just me.Is it like first day at school do i need a name badge?
    Been really helpful some of the stuff ive read on here thanks for everyones input lets hope i havent broke everything with this post,
    Ps is a transit van full of springers too many?
    Is this the appropriate time to say BOING?