Page 149 of 235 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 3515

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Only in your mind!
    Where you off to this week?
    Thought Norfolk for a week. Then pop over the channel to turn the heating off. Must get nest installed over there.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post

Thought Norfolk for a week. Then pop over the channel to turn the heating off. Must get nest installed over there.

Dave
    I find that not paying the utility provider on time oft has the desired effect too -- and without the need for costly computer programming paraphernalia, or the burning of excess fossil fuels to attend in person.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    A bit sore today mate. Amazing how it takes a day or two to materialise. Jacks absolutely fine thankfully.

cheers
    Yep, that's how it goes, Mike. Hope you're feeling better very soon.

Did you and Rachel get to see the doctor today?

And that's fantastic news re the little one.

I think you ought to treat him to a nice little '30S for being such a brave little soldier!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post
    I was looking at those a few weeks ago in your workshop Mick. Big heavy sods they are.
    Do you have to fit them to the Pontoons?
    That's right, Graham, you saw the last batch I made, but no I don't fit them.

I make the outer leg cases and they get delivered to one of the five boat builders the customer uses so they can be built into the pontoon.
    About four weeks later the customer collects the completed inner legs from me and then the boat is painted, assembled and piped up at his workshop --- I never actually get to see the finished boats.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    That's right, Graham, you saw the last batch I made, but no I don't fit them.

I make the outer leg cases and they get delivered to one of the five boat builders the customer uses so they can be built into the pontoon.
    About four weeks later the customer collects the completed inner legs from me and then the boat is painted, assembled and piped up at his workshop --- I never actually get to see the finished boats.
    Mick

The boats are just the cover, it’s Project Babylon

Be careful dude.
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    Mick

The boats are just the cover, it’s Project Babylon

Be careful dude.
    Nah, that’s The Cleary’s potato canon
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by Roooss View Post
    Hey All,

Short time lurker, first time poster.

My name is Ross and I am new to the sport and to this forum. The more I shoot, the more I find how awesome the community is!

I met a fellow forum member at my range last week and told me to take a look at this forum, well advised on his part!

Is an event like this open to new guys like me? Something like this would be a treasure trove of advice, stories and tips so would hate to miss out.

I can't imagine a better way to spend the weekend.

I have a few rifles (.177 springer (not sure, It's borrowed from the old man), .22 break-barrel (BSA Supersport), .22 pcp (H100KT Lam)) Would I be OK to bring them?
    Having never been to an event like this, what sort of bits and pieces would you recommend bringing along for a weekend of shooting and camping in a field?
    And a very warm welcome, Ross, both to this most brilliant forum and to the Fold of Merry Quigley Hollow Boingermen.

It looks like many of your questions have been answered by many of the lovely folk.

You're going to absolutely love this, guaranteed.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Nah, that’s The Cleary’s potato canon
    Jesus!!!! My dinky little potato blaster doesn't stand a chance. Back to the workshop for me

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

I think you ought to treat him to a nice little '30S for being such a brave little soldier!
    Cheers Tone. I reckon that's a damn good plan re the 30s.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    Hello all ,
    likewise been hiding in cyber space mainly because i wasnt sure this interweb do dah would stay the course but it looks like it might so here goes
    Paid Mr F for a day can only manage the Saturday so lookin forward to seein some of you chaps and missing everything i aim at.
    Hopin a few of my chums also members on this fine forum are comin along if not just me.Is it like first day at school do i need a name badge?
    Been really helpful some of the stuff ive read on here thanks for everyones input lets hope i havent broke everything with this post,
    Ps is a transit van full of springers too many?
    Is this the appropriate time to say BOING?
    Absolutely brilliant stuff, Bluefan, and a very warm welcome aboard.

Be great to meet you.

And, like Mark (CapitalBee) says, BOINGS are good. You simply can't have too many BOINGS and any time is a good time to go BOING!!!!!!!!

BOING!

Quote Originally Posted by Davecook View Post
    Hi Mick
    I have transferred £60 over to you.
    For me, Needabiggertarget and a mate of ours Steve Oakley.
    Looking forward to seeing everyone again plus anyone new.
    Regards
    David
    Note to self..... go to bed on Fridays/Saturday morning before it is light..... it’s still winter!
    Brilliant stuff, Dave.

Be great to see you both again and to meet Steve.

BOING BOING BOING!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Willenium View Post
    Aha! Finally earned a tagline lol
    Aha! No, you earned that quite a while ago, Will, it just took a little time to filter through!!!

And I seem to remember that this may have been the tipping point for The Culty One to go into "Full Culted Mode"?????

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Jesus!!!! My dinky little potato blaster doesn't stand a chance. Back to the workshop for me
    I’m thinking your carrot shooter is more of a snipers rifle Mike, have you managed to scope it up yet
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Ouch! I'm in Pain!

I suppose I deserved that one!

Y'see, as Pauly and I had mentioned the other day, the attendance list was already looking pretty fine and dandy with around three weeks to go. And a fair few regular attendees who will be coming but not showing on the list as yet. And then we have had a mega-boost today with some fine new and returning folk.

Well, I was a little excited seeing the updated list. In my haste, I carelessly let Little Zeb out of the box! Remember him? He's that fine boingy little fellow that Gordon kindly gave me a couple of years ago. Well, he's been under lock and key for that long that months and months of tightly coiled pent-up boinginess just HAD to be released! I've never seen anything like it. The room looks like a scene from the apocalypse....totally trashed...and there are dirty great big splats of moly grease everywhere......the little bugger's obviously been hoarding it.

I have two black eyes and a gashed arm from trying to restrain this highly sprung demon.

Off to take some pain killers now (a little Sir Jack's should fit the bill) and lick my wounds now that the little fella has fallen asleep.

But more than worth it for a most Boingery fix!

Keep 'em coming, peeps!

BOING!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

We did get to the doctors today thanks mate. Just sprains and bruising but worth going for the paper trail