Page 150 of 235 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 3515

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    I’m thinking your carrot shooter is more of a snipers rifle Mike, have you managed to scope it up yet
    No but I'm going to knock up some open sights before April if I get chance lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    No but I'm going to knock up some open sights before April if I get chance lol.
    Laser sight Mike, all day long. Imagine how cool it would look shooting the carrot cannon from the hip using the laser sight

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Aha! No, you earned that quite a while ago, Will, it just took a little time to filter through!!!

And I seem to remember that this may have been the tipping point for The Culty One to go into "Full Culted Mode"?????
    Haha perfectly valid points you make. Touchwood I've not slaughtered my own one yet

I think you may be right on the uprising of El Culty Grandé. Still, it does make you learn from your mistakes bloody fast...

Don't be picking on Ray, you know he's the sensitive type.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Here you go, Paul :-

https://www.therothengroup.co.uk/wor...digger-pontoon

The square tubes you see sticking up in each corner of the boat are the Jack legs I make.
    You're a man with many skills and talents Mick. Hope you'll soon feel in better fettle.

Cool Spring has Sprung!

Another big Springy landmark today peeps as we get closer and closer to Bashtime.

So, today's the start of Spring proper, with the Equinox and, with it, longer days ahead.

The clocks go forwards this weekend.

Then it's Easter weekend and a special "Rabbits, Rabbits, Rabbits".

And the following weekend it's Boingtime!

18 to go, peeps.

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    If it helps anyone you can say that I shot the Easter bunny. Less money on Easter eggs = more for boingers
    Pete

CLOGGER is offline Ex proud Yorkshireman, Now soft southern shandy drinker
    Quote Originally Posted by Roooss View Post
    Hey All,

Short time lurker, first time poster.

My name is Ross and I am new to the sport and to this forum. The more I shoot, the more I find how awesome the community is!

I met a fellow forum member at my range last week and told me to take a look at this forum, well advised on his part!

Is an event like this open to new guys like me? Something like this would be a treasure trove of advice, stories and tips so would hate to miss out.

I can't imagine a better way to spend the weekend.

I have a few rifles (.177 springer (not sure, It's borrowed from the old man), .22 break-barrel (BSA Supersport), .22 pcp (H100KT Lam)) Would I be OK to bring them?
    Having never been to an event like this, what sort of bits and pieces would you recommend bringing along for a weekend of shooting and camping in a field?
    Hi Ross, I'm glad to see that you've decided to take the plunge and join us at the April Bash. You were looking pretty handy with your new HW100
    Seeing as I'm the one responsible for you signing up, I feel as though I ought to be your chaperone and save you from the clutches of this evil bunch of degenerates and reprobates. Nothing but a load of ale swillers and moonshine guzzlers, and they're the better onesld wink:
    Seriously though, you'll have a great time with a grand bunch of people
    If you're camping, make sure you'll be warm at night, as April nights are still nippy out under the stars -- airbeds and loads of warm covers are necessary for a comfortable night.
    A folding chair for the shooting bench is essential, as is a bench bag (I can lend you a spare one for the Saturday, or until I next see you at the club range).
    See you at the Hollow, Alastair

Quote Originally Posted by CLOGGER View Post
    Hi Ross, I'm glad to see that you've decided to take the plunge and join us at the April Bash. You were looking pretty handy with your new HW100
    Seeing as I'm the one responsible for you signing up, I feel as though I ought to be your chaperone and save you from the clutches of this evil bunch of degenerates and reprobates. Nothing but a load of ale swillers and moonshine guzzlers, and they're the better onesld wink:
    If you're camping, make sure you'll be warm at night, as April nights are still nippy out under the stars -- airbeds and loads of warm covers are necessary for a comfortable night.
    A folding chair for the shooting bench is essential, as is a bench bag (I can lend you a spare one for the Saturday, or until I next see you at the club range).
    We're always warm at night Alistair, we sit around the fire till sunrise

Lots of baked beans required for generating a self heating sleeping bag

Tony,
    This "BOING" word is catching, I'm finding myself at randem times in the day saying it, and if Emma's in the vicinity she follows up with "ERBASH"!!
    My wife, Lindsay, looks at us as if we're both aliens.. We are still trying to persuade her to come along but she's adamant that she doesn't want to come.

Boing, Boing, Boing-erbash

And who was it that plied said drunkards with Somerset scrumpy....
    Let me think? Ah, of course it was you!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post
    We're always warm at night Alistair, we sit around the fire till sunrise

Nice one, Gramps.

And lovely little helpful post there, Alastair.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    Tony,
    This "BOING" word is catching, I'm finding myself at randem times in the day saying it, and if Emma's in the vicinity she follows up with "ERBASH"!!
    My wife, Lindsay, looks at us as if we're both aliens.. We are still trying to persuade her to come along but she's adamant that she doesn't want to come.

Boing, Boing, Boing-erbash
    Oh yes, The Boing is certainly infectious, Gary.

The word crops up in many of my daily conversations, forms the basis of many of my passwords on my work computer and my ring tone is a BOING. Makes me smile when it BOINGS!

Any more fun tokens arrived, Mick?

And have you heard anything from John, Snoops, recently?