Page 185 of 235 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 3515

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    A quick question chaps. Does anyone have or has owned an HW25 and if so are they any good. CH Weston had one in today and I am interested for my boy. cheers
    Bought one for my son (brand new) couldn't get a zero and dieselled to the point of melting the seal. Hull cartridge swapped it and I traded the brand new one straight in.
    Pete

Thanks guys, feedback on the 25 much appreciated. I reckon it will be a 30 when he's just a little bigger. Chris previously recommended the ratcatcher with a cut down stock which is another on the list. And thanks Les for your offer of trying your 30 which I would love to take you up on

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post
    I had a shoot with that HW30 of Mel's at the last bash. It's a lovely gun!
    I had a quick look and hold of Mel's 30s at the bash as well and was impressed,I will give the bell target a good going over with it once at the Hollow.
    Les..

Thanks guys, feedback on the 25 much appreciated. I reckon it will be a 30 when he's just a little bigger. Chris previously recommended the ratcatcher with a cut down stock which is another on the list. And thanks Les for your offer of trying your 30 which I would love to take you up on
    You are more than welcome Mike
    Atb
    Les..

I've just picked up my HW97 KT synthetic from CH Weston . It shoots surprisingly sweet out of the box with pretty minimal twang. Great fun but now requiring another gun cabinet . I blame this forum and you guys for my expanding collection
    Lovely.

Quite a few recent HWs that I've tried have seemed very nice out of the box, Mike. Obviously paying more attention to spring to guide fit. Although I seem to remember Tinners saying that they're using a "one size fits all" spring with the "adult" springers, so the 30mm cylinder guns may be more twangy? But certainly the 95s and 97s that I've tried were very nice.

Make sure your next cabinet has ample "growing room"!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

As per the above comments, Mike, I'd stick with the 30. This also gives you the option of the Rekord trigger on the 'S' version.

I've never owned a 25, but they're rinky-dinky small. Plus, although I've never explored one, I'm pretty sure that I've seen people on here say that they're very tricky to strip? Something to do with no obvious way of removing the end block and spring? I know, it sounds most odd and very hard to believe, but others have looked and not I, so without that "hands on experience" it's tough to say.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Lovely.

Quite a few recent HWs that I've tried have seemed very nice out of the box, Mike. Obviously paying more attention to spring to guide fit. Although I seem to remember Tinners saying that they're using a "one size fits all" spring with the "adult" springers, so the 30mm cylinder guns may be more twangy? But certainly the 95s and 97s that I've tried were very nice.

Make sure your next cabinet has ample "growing room"!
    I reckon next on the list could be an HW30 and maybe also a little project in need of a refurb as I fancy a bit of a dabble. Also theres the possibility of temptation winning me over at the bash sales table

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    I am buying a Hw30s off Chippendale at the Bash,you and your boy are more then welcome to have play with it at the bash if you like.
    Atb
    Les..
    Wot?

Mel's selling his 30S? Mel; you are a very naughty boy!

Happy for you though, Les; they're lovely little things.

Wot?

)
    But........this also means that Mel is coming to The Bash.

And UK Neil, too. He said so on his burpday thread!

Plus some other fine chaps as mentioned in previous posts plus there's time aplenty for some more new folk to jump in. Boys, I tell you.....it's going to be HUGE!!!!!!

Wot?

Happy for you though, Les; they're lovely little things.
    Hi Tone
    Yeah looking forward to shooting the 30s and meeting up with you and every one else at the Hollow.
    I can't wait mate.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Hi Tone
    Yeah looking forward to shooting the 30s and meeting up with you and every one else at the Hollow.
    I can't wait mate.
    Les..
    No. Me can't wait, neither! And I just know that all The Boingerati will be feeling the same, Les. It seems such a long, long time since the Halloween Bash.

Friends re-united in The Field of Joy.

Perfect.

As per the above comments, Mike, I'd stick with the 30. This also gives you the option of the Rekord trigger on the 'S' version.

I've never owned a 25, but they're rinky-dinky small. Plus, although I've never explored one, I'm pretty sure that I've seen people on here say that they're very tricky to strip? Something to do with no obvious way of removing the end block and spring? I know, it sounds most odd and very hard to believe, but others have looked and not I, so without that "hands on experience" it's tough to say.
    I bought one for Dan when he was little (yep he honestly was little once), it was pretty rough from what I remember, terrible trigger, but he loved it which is all that mattered at the time. He did a pretty good job on the greenhouse with it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    I bought one for Dan when he was little (yep he honestly was little once), it was pretty rough from what I remember, terrible trigger, but he loved it which is all that mattered at the time. He did a pretty good job on the greenhouse with it too.
    Mmmm.........BOING.........CLATTER.......CRASH.... ...CLANG........

SLAP??

Very nearly there

Hoping for a Thursday lunch time arrival , but frantically trying to turn an old ex window filters van into my accommodation for this bash and many more hopefully

Looking forward to meeting up with all you fine people again

Jonny

Quote Originally Posted by jonny neate View Post
    Hoping for a Thursday lunch time arrival , but frantically trying to turn an old ex window filters van into my accommodation for this bash and many more hopefully

Looking forward to meeting up with all you fine people again

Jonny
    Well done Jonny! Nothing like leaving it till the last minute though mate.