Page 20 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    I had a proper testing session with the new 98 today. My other half took my boy to a kids party at 2.00pm. By 2.05pm I was set up and blasting away. Once I got it zeroed and put a few pellets through the barrel it settled down nicely. Quite surprised with the kick from it although amazingly accurate. The weighted barrel definitely does its job for sure. Its was grouping 15-20mm at 25 yards with AA diablo's and I reckon that will tighten up a bit as it settles and everything beds in. If I get chance tomorrow i'm going to bung some H and N FTT's through it for comparison.
    Glad you're loving it, Mike.

The FTTs do seem to go very nicely in these (my 95 and 98s love them) and she'll get smoother as everything runs in. It would be even betterer still with a basic fettle / polish / relube etc., but no pressing need, methinks.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    I had a proper testing session with the new 98 today. My other half took my boy to a kids party at 2.00pm. By 2.05pm I was set up and blasting away. Once I got it zeroed and put a few pellets through the barrel it settled down nicely. Quite surprised with the kick from it although amazingly accurate. The weighted barrel definitely does its job for sure. Its was grouping 15-20mm at 25 yards with AA diablo's and I reckon that will tighten up a bit as it settles and everything beds in. If I get chance tomorrow i'm going to bung some H and N FTT's through it for comparison.
    Sounds good Mike and as you say, it will settle in further. I wouldn’t be surprised if the groups tighten up a bit with the FTT’s.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I can't think of anything else that I'd want to add to that list, sir. All very good.
    But I might! Just hoping there will be a few there which I am allowed to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Vernal View Post
    But I might! Just hoping there will be a few there which I am allowed to try.
    I will be bringing my hw80 in .177 you're welcome to have a play mate

Atvb

Chris

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Sudden decision had us traveling up to Bristol today, and l managed to add another meet up with yet another bash stalwart, Jonny! It's almost like train spotting now ticking individuals off.
    You name dropper you
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Mine loves JSB exact in 4.52 Mike
    Pete

My 95 likes Falcon Accuracy Plus but it took about 40 pellets before it settled down and started to group.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Mine loves JSB exact in 4.52 Mike
    Cheers Pete, I purchased a few tins of those for the TX200 after trying that tin of yours at the bash.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    My 95 likes Falcon Accuracy Plus but it took about 40 pellets before it settled down and started to group.
    My 98 started settling after a similar amount too. Is your 95 sweet from the box or are you planning a bit of a tune ?

My 98 started settling after a similar amount too. Is your 95 sweet from the box or are you planning a bit of a tune ?
    I bought mine (.177) second hand at 10 months old in early December, and it's been tuned by Wonky Donkey. The original owner said it wasn't smooth out of the box which is why he sent it away at a cost of £160 plus post. The cylinder is sealed at the trigger so I don't want to go inside but I have a copy of the emails from Dave Price (WD) which states what he's done to it including; short stroked, altered the transfer port, custom made spring, delrin top hat and guide, lightened the piston and a debur.
    The lad I bought it off was getting 3/4" groups at 30 yds but had only tried a couple of different types of pellets (Exacts and AAF). I found a good improvement with Superdomes but when I was in the gunshop over Christmas I decided to try some Falcons in my Sport and I also put some through the 95. Initially they were performing similarly to the Superdomes but gradually over about 15 minutes the groups were getting tighter and tighter (Oh well, that's an extra £3 a tin). The Sport likes them too.
    You're more than welcome to have a play with it in April Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    I bought mine (.177) second hand at 10 months old in early December, and it's been tuned by Wonky Donkey. The original owner said it wasn't smooth out of the box which is why he sent it away at a cost of £160 plus post. The cylinder is sealed at the trigger so I don't want to go inside but I have a copy of the emails from Dave Price (WD) which states what he's done to it including; short stroked, altered the transfer port, custom made spring, delrin top hat and guide, lightened the piston and a debur.
    The lad I bought it off was getting 3/4" groups at 30 yds but had only tried a couple of different types of pellets (Exacts and AAF). I found a good improvement with Superdomes but when I was in the gunshop over Christmas I decided to try some Falcons in my Sport and I also put some through the 95. Initially they were performing similarly to the Superdomes but gradually over about 15 minutes the groups were getting tighter and tighter (Oh well, that's an extra £3 a tin). The Sport likes them too.
    You're more than welcome to have a play with it in April Mike.
    I'd love to thanks. I'd also be interested to see what you think of the 98 as a straight out of the box rifle in comparison as I wont be doing any fettling with it for a while and it will still be standard in April. To me it seems slightly "raw" as with most springers out of the box I guess. I think my best one out of the box to date has to be the HW77 in .22

I picked up what I thought was a standard .22 in the club and was impressed with it, nobody had a .177 but I heard they were a bit harsher. When I bought mine which was meant for Emma to use also as she finds the Sport a tad hard to cock I didn't realize it had been short stroked and couldn't really tell the difference in cocking until comparing it side by side with the one at the club (which I have since discovered has been worked on). I would say my .177 is slightly better than the .22 but there's not a lot in it except mine has a quicker shot cycle.

And those little sleepies, they keep coming down.....

Today it's the turn of an old Milbro-Diana, the G76. (Others too, maybe?).

Getting nearlier, nearly there my fine 'Rati peeps.

Will many of you be getting any boingering action in today?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Just found the ground bird feeder has been licked clean. So if it was Roland the Superstar will be coming out
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Just found the ground bird feeder has been licked clean. So if it was Roland the Superstar will be coming out
    Have him, Pete!

Getting ready to go sell some bikes shortly.